Honors & Awards
- Fellow (FISN). International Society of Nephrology, 01/09/2023
- Honorary GAPIO Distinguished Fellow title for our contributions to healthcare. GAPIO is headquartered in New Delhi, India. The aim of GAPIO is to bring together 1.4 million physicians of Indian origin in the world on one professional platform. This substantial workforce of physicians is a valuable resource, which can help to mobilize significant developments in healthcare globally as well as in India. Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (GAPIO), 02/02/2022
- Dedicated Service to JAAPI. Outstanding Leadership in AAPI, 07/2021
- Outstanding Editor Award - Renal Physiology and Pathophysiology. Frontiers in Physiology, 06/2021
- Service Award (10 Years of Dedicated Service to the United States Government). US Department of Veterans Affairs, 10/05/2016
- Superior Performance Award. VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah, 12/18/2015
- Member, Federal Advisory Committee (BLR&D and CSR&D Merit Review Board). US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington DC, 10/01/2015
- Performance Award. VA SLC Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah, 12/01/2010
- Star Reviewer. American Journal of Physiology (Renal Physiology), Bethesda, Maryland, 12/01/2008
- Elected Fellow (FRSB). Royal Society of Biology, London, United Kingdom, 09/01/2007
- Fellow (FASN). American Society of Nephrology, Washington DC, 09/30/2004
- Biographical Citation. Marquis Who's Who Medicine & Health, USA, 07/01/2002
- Fogarty Visiting Fellow. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, 01/25/1993
- Biographical Citation. European Biographical Directory, Brussels, Belgium, 01/01/1991
- Chartered Biologist. Society of Biology, London, United Kingdom, 12/15/1988
- ICP Fellow. International Institute of Cellular & Molecular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium, 07/21/1987
- MOMUSHO Fellow. Japanese Ministry of Science, Education & Culture, Japan, 10/01/1981
- American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS), Gold Member, 02/2021 - present
- American Diabetes Association (ADA), Professional Member, 11/2013 - present
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), Patron Member, 06/2011 - present
- Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus Foundation (NDIF), Member, 01/2004 - present
- International Society of Nephrology (ISN), Fellow (FISN), 01/2003 - present
- American Physiological Society (APS), Fellow (FAPS), 01/1999 - present
- American Heart Association (AHA), Fellow (FAHA), 07/1995 - present
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN ), Fellow (FASN), 04/1995 - present
- Royal Society of Biology (London, UK) (RSB), Chartered Biologist & Fellow, 12/1988 - present
In the Media
- VA Salt Lake City research on kidney disease treatment earns second US patent. 06/14/2022. https://techlinkcenter.org/news/va-salt-lake-city-...
- VA Scientist Develops Promising Treatment for Obesity, Signs Exclusive Patent License. 05/30/2021. https://techlinkcenter.org/news/va-scientist-devel...
- AAPI Premier Academic Initiative - Indialife. 05/2021. https://indialife.us/article.php?id=154116
- Radio Broadcast of Innovation - KSL Radio. 05/2019. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjsp8vys7tostzf/KSL%20Ra...
- Department of Veterans Affairs Research Week -New Release. 05/2019. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ge37qetxlfpl5u/VASLC%20...
- The National Kidney Foundation of Utah and Idaho Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City. 08/01/2018. https://medicine.utah.edu/internalmedicine/news/20...
- Association of Telugu Doctors of the USA (ATMGUSA). 07/01/2018. http://anyflip.com/jans/aimn/basic
- Salt Lake Tribune: These Patents will give you a Leg Up. 12/27/2011. http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/53188575-68/pate...
- Annual Report 2011: National Kidney Foundation of Utah & Idaho. 06/01/2011. http://www.kidneyut.org/NKFUI_Annual_Report_2011.p...
Renal Purinergic Club
Co-founded Renal Purinergic Club (RPC) as a private working group of academic researchers. The goal and purpose of RPC is to foster effective and useful communications and discussions among the researchers interested in advancing the application of purinergic signaling to understand renal cell, epithelial and vascuar biology, physiology, pathophysiology and experimental therapeutics. Although the goal and purpose of the RPC are thematically centered around the kidney, however, the actual scope of this club is much wider to encompass developments in the field of basic purinergic signaling, such as receptor pharmacology, downstream effector signaling, modulation of purinergic signalin by a variety of agents etc. In short, the Renal Purinergic Club has global vision, but focuses on local application of the knowledge and expertise to specifically promote renal physiology, pathophysiology and therapeutics. Currently, the club has about 100 members on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, and is expanding (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6666253). Special or ancillary one-day meetings are conducted every other year in conjunction with national conferences, such as the Kidney Weeks of the American Society of Nephrology.