Purinergic regulation of renal function - physiology, pathophysiology and experimental therapeutics. Role of purinergic signaling in diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance.
- M.B., B.S., Basic & Clinical Medicine, Kurnool Medical College, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, India
- M.D., Biochemistry & Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. Project: Renal Pathophysiology
- Research Associate , Biochemistry & Immunology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- MOMBUSHO Fellow, Internal Medicine (Nephrology), Niigata University School of Medicine, Niigata, Japan. Project: Pathophysiology of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Ph.D. (Docteur en Sciences Biomédicales), Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology & Toxicology Unit, Christian de Duve Inst. of Cellular Pathology, and Catholic University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium. Project: Renal Cell Biology
- Visiting Fellow, Laboratory of Kidney & Electrolyte Physiology, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, NIH. Bethesda, MD. Project: Renal Transport Physiology
- Executive MBA, Executive Business Administration, David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Bellamkonda K. Kishore is an Adjunct Professor of Medicine (Nephrology), at the University of Utah Health, and President CEO & CSO of ePurines, Inc in the Univerity of Utah Research Park. He served as a Principal Investigator (Nephrology) at the VA Salt Lake City Healthcare System from 2001 to 2020. During the past four decades Dr. Kishore has been pursuing research in renal physiology, pathophysiology and experimental therapeutics in India, Japan, Belgium and the USA. He and his collaborators hold international patents to develop innovative therapies for erythropoietin-responsive anemia, water balance disorders, diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance, and vasopressin excessive states, such as cirrhosis of liver, autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) and others. His distinctions include induction as Senior Member of the National Academy of Inventors (NA), Washington DC, Chartered Biologist (CBiol) and Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology (FRSB), London, UK, Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (FASN), Fellow of the International Society of Nephrology (FISN), Fellow of the American Physiological Society (FAPS), Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA). Dr. Kishore is Founding Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, an Associate Editor of the Frontiers in Physiology (Renal and Epithelial Physiology), Guest Associate Editor of Frontiers in Endocrinology (Obesity), and is a member of the Editorial Boards of other journals. In May 2021 he received Outstanding Editor Award from the Frontiers in Renal Physiology and Pathophysiology. He served as an expert reviewer for the US National Institutes of Health and the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as organizations and foundations in the USA, United Kingdom, Italy, Denmark, The Netherlands, Singapore and India. He traveled extensively in Europe and the USA to present communications or to chair scientific sessions at international conferences or to deliver invited lectures at various academic institutes.
Kishore B, Westenfelder C, Isaac J. Composition and Methods Related to Production of Erythropoietin. USPTO Patent # 8,084,423, issued on 12/27/2011
Kishore B, Carlson N, Kohan D, Nelson R. Methods and Composition for Treating Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus. USPTO Patent # 9,901,624 issued on 02/27/2018.
Kishore B, Carlson N, Zhang Y. Methods and Composition for Treating Acquired Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus. USPTO Patent # 9,539,246, issued on 01/10/2017
Kishore B, Zhang Y, Ecelbarger C. Methods for Treating Diet-induced Obesity by decreasing and inhibiting P2Y2 Purinergic Receptor Expression or Activity. USPTO Patent # 10,024.846, issued on 07/17/2018
Kishore B, Zhang Y, Ecelbarger C. Composition and Methods for the Prevention and Treatment of Diet-induced Obesity. USPTO Patent # 10,107,795 B2 issued on 01/23/2018
Kishore B, Zhang Y, Carlson N. Methods and Compositions for Treating Nephrogenic DIabetes Insipidus. USPTO Patent # 9,913,831, issued on 03/13/2018.
Kishore B, Zhang Y, Carlson N. Treatment of Kidney Diseases Associated with Elevated AVP Levels. USPTO Patent # 10,614,684 B2, issued on 04/07/2020
Kishore B, Zhang Y, Carlson N. Treatment of Kidney Diseases Associated with Elevated AVP. USPOT Patent # 11,354,990, issued on 6/7/2022
Kishore B, Zhang Y, Carlson N. Composition and Methods for Treating Diseases Associated with Elevated Arginine Vasopressin Levels. Filed with USPTO on 3/1/2022 (Pending Approval)