Associate Professor, Art/Art History Department
Honors & Awards
- Faculty Excellence Award for Research.
College of Fine Arts, University of Utah,
- Purchase Award.
27th Annual NcNeese National Works on Paper Exhibition,
- Juror’s Award / The Danforth Art Prize (Purchase for Danforth Art, Framingham, MA)
Boston Printmakers 2013 North American Print Biennial,
- Juror’s Award; Utah Arts Council 2013 Statewide Annual Competition: Mixed Media & Works on Paper.
Utah Arts Council,
- Honorable Mention; The Muse Showcase; Diffusion Magazine Volume IV; Published Fall 2012
- Early Career Teaching Award.
This award recognizes faculty with at least three years of service who have demonstrated distinction in teaching as demonstrated by activities that result in increased learning by students, such as the development of new methods or other curricular innovation. The University Teaching Committee reviews nomination materials, votes to selects the top four candidates.
University of Utah Teaching Committee,
- Lindquist Purchase Award Winner; 2012 Delta National Small Prints Exhibition (For the permanent collection of Arkansas State University)
Bradbury Gallery, Arkansas State University; Jonesboro, AK; January 19 - February 17 2012.
Arkansas State University,
- First Place Award Winner;
Body Pulses: Third Annual International Juried Exhibition.
Plates to Pixels; The Pacific Northwest Center for Photography,
- Juror’s Award Winner; 2009 Annual Statewide Exhibit.
Utah Arts Council,
- Salt Lake City Mayors Artist Award, Visual Artist, For Contribution to the Visual Arts.
Salt Lake City,
In the Media
- New Yorker Magazine web site. http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/photobooth/2010/05/off-the-shelf-one-picture-books.html
A review of Nazraeli Press' "One Picture Book" series featuring the limited edition print in my book. 05/2010.
- Salt Lake Magazine; Jeremy Pugh, author;
"The Deseret Alphabet Will Not Die";
A story on the Deseret Alphabet featuring my research. 04/2010.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Belgium. In 2013, I traveled to Liege Belgium for the 9th International Biennale of Contemporary Prints; Cabinet des Estampes et des Dessins, Ville de Liège at the Museum of Fine Arts of Liège. This was the second time which I was included in this exhibition.
- Lithuania. In the Fall of 2010, I was invited to give a public lecture in Kaunas Lithuania. In the Summer of 2011, I was a guest professor for the Summer Practice; Kaunas Faculty of Arts of Vilnius Academy of Arts, Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Poland. I have exhibited in Poland numerous times as well as traveled there for the opening reception of the Second International Biennale of Graphic Digital Arts - Gdynia 2010. In 2013, I served as a juror for the II International Digital Media Triennial - Radom 2013 at Wydział Sztuki Politechniki Radomskiej (Department of Art University of Radom); Radom Poland.