Please note: Student feedback is only available for courses prior to Spring 2021
- Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education. 07/2017 - present. Position : Institutional Representative.
- Academy of Health Science Educators. 02/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Western Institute of Nursing. 10/2013 - 10/2014. Position : Member.
- Utah Action Coalition for Health. 09/2012 - 04/2014. Position : Member.
- Gerontological Society of America Humanities & the Arts Committee. 09/2012 - 04/2014. Position : ESPO Representative.
- University of Utah Center on Aging. 08/2011 - present. Position : Member.
- Gerontological Society of America. 09/2010 - present. Position : Member.
Applications of Research in Aging
This course is designed to develop the basic ability of the student as an informed consumer and participant in the process of aging research. Students will collect, analyze, display, and interpret data in order to address issues related to aging populations. Development of a sense of inquiry through understanding and applying the logical steps of the research process are emphasized.
Aging and the Arts
This course is designed to explore the influence of artistic expression on the aging experience. Students will study approaches to aging in a variety of disciplines, such as: theatre, art, film, dance, and music. Analysis and critique of creative works will occur in reference to aging and art theory. Students will research and share resources, learn how to utilize artistic knowledge when working with older adults, and examine future trends.
- I advised a group of Undergraduate Community Engaged Learning Nursing Students regarding a simulation project they created to train CNAs on best practices in long term care. 02/2016 - 02/2016