- Consortium for Families and Health Research. 09/2021 - present. Position : Member.
- Alzheimer's Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART). 06/2021 - present. Position : Member.
- Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education. 07/2017 - present. Position : Institutional Representative.
- Academy of Health Science Educators. 02/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Western Institute of Nursing. 10/2013 - 10/2014. Position : Member.
- Utah Action Coalition for Health. 09/2012 - 04/2014. Position : Member.
- Gerontological Society of America Humanities & the Arts Committee. 09/2012 - 04/2014. Position : ESPO Representative.
- University of Utah Center on Aging. 08/2011 - present. Position : Member.
- Gerontological Society of America. 09/2010 - present. Position : Member.
Courses I Teach
Aging and the Arts
This course is designed to explore the influence of artistic expression on the aging experience. Students will study approaches to aging in a variety of disciplines, such as: theatre, art, film, dance, and music. Analysis and critique of creative works will occur in reference to aging and art theory. Students will research and share resources, learn how to utilize artistic knowledge when working with older adults, and examine future trends.