Associate Professor, English
Delegate, MLA Assembly, for the Visual Culture Sub-Group of the Media Studies Forum. Modern Language Association. 2018-2020.
01/01/2018 - present
- Science Fiction Studies.
Co-Editor (I was invited to join the Editors of SFS in August; before that I was a reader for SFS). With my Co-Editors, we publish three issues each year.
08/01/2016 - present
Role: Anonymous reader.
Austrian Science Fund (FWF), ecoZon@, Extrapolation, Journal of the Fantastic of the Arts Liverpool UP, MELUS, MIT Press, Wesleyan UP (Various dates).
Reader (anonymous reviewer), Electronic Literature Organization Conference. 2015, 2016, 2017. Electronic Literature Organization.
Reader (anonymous reviewer), Digital Humanities Conference. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations.
01/01/2009 - present
- Ad hoc Job Search Committee to Consider the Candidacy of EC.
11/01/2018 - 02/01/2019.
- Dee Council.
Member (Rep from College of Humanities),
08/01/2018 - present.
- Job Search Committee for Tenure Line Position in Creative Writing (Prose).
08/01/2018 - 05/01/2019.
- Job Search Committee for VAP in DH.
03/01/2018 - 05/31/2018.
- Digital Matters Lab Director Job Search Committee.
08/01/2017 - 02/21/2018.
- Member. Graduate Research Fellowship Committee. The Graduate School of the U. of U. April 2017.
03/01/2017 - present.
- Undergraduate Scholarship Committee.
02/01/2017 - 03/01/2018.
- Certificate Program in DH.
08/01/2016 - present.
Honors & Awards
- Residency with The Finnish BioArt Society’s “Field_Notes: Ecology of the Senses.” University of Helsinki’s Kilpisjärvi Biological Station in Lapland, Finland. September 2018.
- Greenhouse Summer Fellowship for work in the Environmental Humanities. University of Stavanger, Norway (UiS). Summer 2018.
University of Stavanger's "Greenhouse",
- The Tanner Center supported our Research Interest Group in "Critical Digital Humanities" with a small grant. Tanner Center, 2017-2018.
- Elizabeth Agee Prize for excellence in American literary studies.
Univ. of Alabama Press,