Chair Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Adjunct Professor, Physics And Astronomy
Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- American Physical Society.
Divisional Associate Editor, Physics Review Letters.
08/01/2015 - 11/30/2021
11/18/2011 - present.
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Referee for Physical Review journals, American Physical Society.
American Physical Soceity,
- Distinguished Scholarly & Creative Research Award, University of Utah: "for his original and significant contributions to the fields of surface science, nanomaterials and topological materials.".
University of Utah,
- Fellow of American Physics Soceity.
- Humboldt Research Award in Computational Materials Science.
der Alexander von Humboldt foundation, Germany,
In the Media
- DOE Office of Science Research highlight on the DOE web site. Below is the editor's quote
“The SC tweet about the highlight (https://science.energy.gov/bes/highlights/2017/bes-2017-12-f/ ) on bending materials was the top tweet for the last week of December.”. 12/25/2017.
- KSL.com: Science & Innovation. 02/18/2013.
- NorthIowaToday.com. 02/18/2013.
- materialstoday: news. 02/18/2013.
- National Science Foundation Web site Weekly Science Highlight. 02/13/2013.
- DOE Web site Research News. 02/13/2013.
- Science Daily --- Science News. 02/13/2013.
- e! Science News. 02/13/2013.
- University of Utah News Center. 02/13/2013.
- Chemeurope.com: news. 02/2013.
- Science Business. 02/2013.
- SLAC Today. 02/2013.