Professor, World Languages and Cultures
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH).
Summer Stipend Review Panel.
11/2015 - present
- American Folklore Society.
A Year in Fairy-Tale History: Motley Encounters with Textual ‘Sociability’ (with J. Schacker). American Folklore Society. Long Beach, 14-17 Oct. 2015.
10/2015 - present
- Tulsa Studies in Women's Literature.
05/2013 - present
- Wayne State University Press.
Advisory Board Member, Series in Fairy Tale Studies .
01/2012 - present
- Ramona Cannon Award Committee.
01/2015 - 01/2020.
- University Promotion and Tenure Advisory Committee .
College of Humanities Representative,
08/2013 - 05/2016.
- Utah Museum of Fine Arts Outreach Committee.
01/2012 - 01/2014.
- Portuguese Search Committee.
09/2012 - 03/2013.
- Head of French.
08/2012 - 09/2013.
- French Representative, MA in World Languages (WLMA) Advisory Committee .
09/2010 - 05/2015.
- Steffenson Canon Scholarship Committee.
08/2007 - 05/2010.
- Graduate Research Scholarship Committee.
08/2007 - 05/2010.
- Moderator, Pi Delta Phi, French National Honor Society.
09/2001 - present.
- History Graduate Council Review.
06/20/2017 - 10/20/2017.
- University Undergraduate Council Committtee.
06/24/2016 - 04/28/2017.
- Review Committee, Department of Theatre .
04/2016 - 07/15/2016.
- Academic Senate.
Elected replacement ,
09/2015 - 12/2015.
- International Studies Advisory Committee .
09/01/2015 - present.
- Phi Delta Phi, French National Honors Society.
09/01/2014 - 04/28/2015.
- Integrative Learning Committee.
06/15/2014 - 06/15/2015.
- Tanner Humanities Center Faculty Advisory Board.
Board Member & Fellowship Reviewer,
09/2010 - 05/2016.
Honors & Awards
- Honors-Humanities (H2) Professorship, $10,000 (2015-16).
Honors College and College of Humanities,
- Ramona Cannon Award for Teaching Excellence in the Humanities.
Ramona Cannon ,
- The University Distinguished Teaching Award honors significant contributions to the teaching mission of the University of Utah. Up to four faculty members will be recognized as outstanding teachers with an award of $5,000.
University Distinguished Teaching Award, 2014,
- Aldrich Fellowship, residency, spring 2015.
Tanner Humanities Center, University of Utah,
- Faculty Research & Creative Grant for An Edible World, $4840.
University Research Committee ,
- Publication Grant for Shapely Bodies, $1000 .
Text and Academic Authors Association,
- Summer Stipend for Mother Goose Revisited, $6000.
National Endowment for the Humanities,
- Great Ideas in the Humanities Grant for Mother Goose Revisited, $4500.
College of Humanities, University of Utah,
- Research Grant for Shapely Bodies, $4500.
Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts,
- Grant-in-Aid funded by the Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation .
- Innovative Course Design Prize for "Dramatis Personae Archive" http://www.dramatispersonaearchive.org/ .
American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies ,
- Aldrich Fellowship.
Tanner Humanities Center,
French Porcelain Society,
- International Travel Grant.
College of Humanities,
In the Media