American ProfessoriateLocation: TBA (TBA)
Applied NutritionLocation: ONLN (Online)
- Academy of Health Science Educators. 02/10/2020 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 07/03/2000 - present. Position : Member.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 02/1995 - present. Position : Member.
- Registered Dietitian/Nutrition Educator, Wasatch Recovery, Salt Lake City, UT. 02/14/2014 - 06/01/2019 .
- Author: Elsevier Publishing Company, St. Louis, MO. October, 2002 to present. 06/2002 - present .
- Nutrition Clinic Director: University of Utah, Division of Nutrition, Salt Lake City, UT. July, 2001 to January, 2004. 07/2001 - present .
- Registered Dietitian: My e-PHIT.com, Salt Lake City, UT. February, 2001 to February, 2006. 02/2001 - present .
- Nutrition Specialist: Universidad de Central Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador. May 1999 to July 1999. 05/1999 - present .
- Consultant Dietitian: Fulton, Gordon and Athens-Clarke County, GA. 06/1998 - present .
My teaching philosophy is focused on bridging the gap between evidence based science and application in the everyday lives of the people and groups that we work with. I strive to help my students understand and utilize the patient-centered approach in all aspects of nutrition.
In this course nutritional biochemistry and cellular homeostasis are integrated with nutrition intervention in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease. NUTR 3010 is specifically designed for students anticipating a career in health care.
Applied Nutrition Through the Lifecycle
This course covers the nutritional requirements and practical applications throughout the life cycle. The course work focuses on the incorporation of practical techniques for developing appropriate eating behaviors and healthy lifestyles. Nutrition assessment, chronic disease, and body composition through the life cycle are also be addressed.
- Course conversion to on-line class from face-to-face course. Project Lead: Staci McIntosh. TACC Grant 01/01/2009 - present. Total Budget: $5,000.00.
- Nutrition Course for Medical Students, year 1. Project Lead: Janet Lindsley. Collaborators: Kristine Jordan, Susan Saffel-Shrier, Dan Jackson, Paul Hopkins, Maureen Murtaugh. School of Medicine 01/01/2009 - present.
- Nutrition Course for Medical Students year 2. Project Lead: Maureen Murtaugh. Collaborators: Susan Saffel-Shrier, Kristine Jordan, Janet Lindsley. School of Medicine 01/01/2009 - present.
- Undergraduate Studies: Nutrition Science
- University Service Learning Project
- Certified Online Instructor. Learning Resources Network . Number of hours: 40. Class type: Active Learning. 06/2003 - 11/2004.