DNP Scholarly Proj III
- The National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties. 08/01/2017 - 12/31/2018. Position : Member.
- Academy of Correctional Health Professionals . 01/01/2011 - present. Position : Member.
- National League for Nursing. 01/01/2010 - 12/01/2020. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurse Practitioners. 01/01/2006 - present. Position : Member.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners. 01/01/1996 - present. Position : Member.
- Juvenile Justice Service Clinics. College of Nursing. 07/01/2020 - present . # of Hours: 4.
- Primary Care Provider at Summit County Health Department/ People's Health Clinic. College of Nursing. 01/07/2019 - present . # of Hours: 16.
- Director of Primary Care in Faculty Practice . College of Nursing. 01/01/2016 - present .
- Family Nurse Practitioner. I have been a practicing clinician for the Juvenile Justice Services (JJS) July 2005- current. As clinician for the JJS contract, my responsibilities include assessing, diagnosing and treating adolescents within the Juvenile Justice System. This is a fairly autonomous position with an off-site medical director. While most treatment is episodic, I do treat adolescents with chronic illness such as diabetes and asthma. I also do basic prenatal care and management of incarcerated pregnant youth, usually in the first or second trimester. I also do approximately 8-10 complete physical exams per week. College of Nursing. 01/01/2005 - present . # of Hours: 4.
Professional Philosophy: To be a successful faculty member in the role of advanced practice clinician, I must be constantly evaluating, updating and improving my clinical knowledge and skills in order to provide the best possible care to my clients. To be a successful faculty member in my role as educator, I must be constantly working to improve my pedagogical knowledge base. This includes staying abreast of technological advancements and staying continually apprised of trends in both the educational and nursing fields. Moreover, I believe I have a responsibility to conjoin these dual roles through service in the nursing profession and scholarship within the discipline for the benefit of all my constituents.
- Innovation in Faculty Practice: A college of nursing/ Juvenile Justice Collaboration Journal of Professional Nurisng. Paper in press, 02/24/2016.
- Poster presentation at AACN Spring pre-conference titled: Innovation in Faculty practice: University and juvenile justice collaboration. Presentation accepted, 02/27/2014.
- Applying Adult Learning Theory to Nursing Education, College of Nursing Seminar Series. Presentation other, 12/16/2013.