- BirthCare HealthCare. Role: marketing, networking. Community Outreach: Farmer's Market BCHC booth Volunteer to set up, staff, and take down booth/display for 2 separate Saturdays . 07/2011 - 09/2011
- NIH-DHHS/CFSAC, in collaboration with O.F.F.E.R. Role: producer/organizer/speaker. 1. Created video that portrays the challenges in education faced by youth with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 2. Provided testimony from parents' perspectives of educational needs/challenges of youth with chronic fatigue syndrome and their families. 02/01/2009 - 05/28/2009
- O.F.F.E.R., Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research. Role: Board Member. plan conferences, educational meetings, outreach activities to health care providers and the public, and address research/fundraising for the organization. 2005 - 2007
- "Soiree", meet and greet and introductory meeting to WHNP/NMW graduate program for first year DNP students . NMW/WHNP faculty practice representative, 08/2014 - present. Department service.
- Volunteered time on call to work 12/12 hours (when reimbursed for 8/12 hrs) whether or not laboring patient, to provide needed care manager services during time BCHC with staffing crisis (e.g. in answering patient MyChart messages, nonurgent phone calls, lab follow up, chart review, abnormal pap smear f/u). Total hours 74.75. care manager, 07/07/2014 - 12/16/2014. Department service.
- Assigned mentor to 2 graduate NMW/WHNP DNP students, 1 first year and the other second year student. 08/2011 - present. Other service.
3/2007. Invited panel member, "For Families Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia", O.F.F.E.R. monthly community education meeting.
12/2008. Organizer/panel moderator, "Youth Living With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia", O.F.F.E.R. monthly community education meeting.
3/2006. Helped to organize O.F.F.E.R. community rally and walk to increase awareness of chronic fatigue syndrome, held at SLC City-County Building and Downtown Main Library.
5/2006. Invited panel member, "Learning to Live Well With Chronic Illness", O.F.F.E.R. annual patient conference.
- Elected as Fellow in the American College of Nurse Midwives, an honor that distinguishes members for outstanding leadership, clinical excellence, scholarship, and professional achievement. Application filed 11/2021. Notice of award Feb 2022. American College of Nurse Midwives, 11/17/2021
- Recipient, Mary Ann Shaw New Author Award. Given to a first-time primary author of a feature article that, among other criteria, makes a significant contribution to clinical practice, policy, education, or research. Journal of Midwifery and Women's Health/Elsevier Publishers, 05/22/2009
- CON Honors for Nursing, recognition that read, "Students (and other preceptors) are in awe of Peggy's knowledge, ability to apply that knowledge, and clinical experience. She challenges those who work with her to live up to their potential. University of Utah CON, "Honoring Those Who Dare to Care", 05/12/2009
- Excellence in Clinical Practice Award, 2006-2007. University of Utah College of Nursing, 2007
- Service Award, College of Nursing, awarded to faculty member who demonstrates exemplary service to others . University of Utah College of Nursing, 2005
- Intermountain Therapy Animals, Inc (ITA), volunteer, as ITA canine team, 10/2009 - 09/07/2012
- Organization for Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Education and Research (O.F.F.E.R.), former board member and education/conference meeting presentor; current volunteer, 2003 - present
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM), Member, 1997 - present
- Lamaze International , member, former childbirth educator, 1993 - 2010
- Sigma Theta Tau International , Lifetime member, 1978 - present
- Phi Kappa Phi , member, 1978 - 1980
- Filmed for on-line availability of viewing: O.F.F.E.R. education meeting presentation/panel moderator: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Experiences of Women During Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Postpartum Period". 03/03/2010. http://www.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBk8gli...
- Elsevier On-line press release announcing receipt of Mary Ann Shah New Author Award. 08/17/2009. http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.aspx?ItemId=6...
- NIH-DHHS/CFSAC National Advisory Committee Meeting. Filmed for archives of meeting as invited speaker to address parents' perspectives of educational challenges faced by youth with chronic fatigue syndrome and their families. 05/28/2009. http://videocast.nih.gov/pastevents.asp?c=103
- Co-producer of video shown during national NIH-DHHS/CFSAC May 2009 meeting, "CFS/ME and Its Impact on Education"; video now available for viewing on-line through www.offerutah.org. 05/28/2009. http://www.offerutah.org/youthinformation1.htm
- Filmed for on-line viewing, organizer and youth panel moderator for O.F.F.E.R. educational meeting "Youth Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia". 12/03/2008. http://www.www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFi_Ui7sO9w
- On-line review of JMWH 2008 publication, "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Implications for Women and Their Healthcare Providers During the Childbearing Year". 2008. https://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?...