Complex Health Assess
- Western Institute of Nursing. 01/2019 - present. Position : Member.
- Academy of Health Science Educators. 09/2018 - present. Position : Member.
- American Nurses Association. 05/2017 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurses Association. 05/2017 - present. Position : Member.
- American Association of College Nursing. 08/2013 - present. Position : Member.
- National Society of Leadership and Success. 05/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN). 04/2012 - present. Position : Member.
- Sigma Theta Tau International. 05/01/2010 - present. Position : Faculty Counselor.
- Perinatal Professionals Consortium. 04/2007 - 12/2016. Position : Member.
- University of Utah Health Care, Maternal/Newborn Care, Intermediate Care Nursery, Women's Special Care. 01/2007 - present .
- Swedish Medical Center, Medical/Surgical Unit. College of Nursing. 11/2001 - 03/2007 .
As a nurse educator, I engage with students to provide an interactive learner-centered educational experience. I encourage ongoing growth of knowledge, critical and reflective thinking skills, and curiosity in an open, supported, and trusting environment through communication and collaboration. I stimulate and challenge the intellectual capacity of students in the classroom and clinical settings by guiding the students to set goals and communicate values. I commit to the success of students by utilizing a range of teaching strategies to match the needs of each individual and situation to promote positive learning outcomes, independence, and self-reliance. I promote participation in educational experiences to assure current knowledge and integration of teaching theory and practice using evidence-based approaches.
I believe that learning is a life-long process that extends to students, patients, families, staff, and the community. I encourage students to share their passion and enthusiasm for the profession in both the academic and clinical settings by developing holistic, relationship-centered cares that facilitate health and health care within our society. I encourage the sharing of ideas and opinions with respect and promote advocacy on behalf of students, nurses, and patients. I am committed to promoting reflective practice and leadership for social justice in order to be responsive to society’s needs and changing healthcare environments. I utilize my current clinical practice experiences to enhance the communication of relevant healthcare issues, and their application and relationship to students’ everyday lives, interests, and how they can affect their futures and the futures of others.
In my role as a nurse educator, I strive to foster the art of nursing by helping to develop successful, caring, and compassionate nurses, and encouraging them throughout their journey of professional growth and development towards a practice that is responsive, respectful, and caring.