Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Internal Medicine
Program Associate, Medical Ethics
Honors & Awards
- Steffensen Cannon Graduate Scholarship for Graduate Study (completion of dissertation).
U of U Graduate School,
- Top Student Paper Award, Disability Issues Caucus.
National Communication Association,
- Publication Award of Distinction for "The Power of Inquiry: A Tribute to Mario R. Capecchi, Ph.D., 2007 Nobel Laureate.
Association of American Medical Colleges,
- First Place, Poetry Division for Terrible Grace: Collection of Poems.
Utah Arts Council,
- Gold Spike Award for "The Power of Inquiry: A Tribute to Mario R. Capecchi, Ph.D., 2007 Nobel Laureate".
International Association of Business Communicators/Utah ,
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
- Department of Communication.
Role: Session Moderator, Paper Submission Reader.
Graduate Student Conference in Communication.
12/2013 - 03/2014
- Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conference.
Paper Submission Reader.
09/2013 - present
- U of U Medical Students.
Faculty Representative, Editorial Board, Rubor (a a medical literary journal).
09/2012 - present
- U of U Undergraduate Studies.
Role: Committee Member.
Medical Humanities Working Group.
08/2012 - 08/2013
- University of Utah.
Editorial Advisory Board, Continuum magazine.
08/2002 - 05/2005
- National Kidney Foundation of Utah/Idaho, Poetry Workshops at Youth Transplant Kamp, Summers 2003-present.
07/2003 - present
- Utah Arts Council, Selection committee for Poet Laureate.
01/2012 - present
- Utah Humanities Council, Public Square Speaker on Medical Humanities.
09/2007 - 09/2009
- Huntsman Cancer Institute, Writing Workshops at World Hospice Day Celebration, October 2006.
10/2006 - present
- National Kidney Foundation of Utah/Idaho, Writing Workshop at Family Camp, Fall 2006 and 2007.
09/2006 - 09/2007
- KUED-TV, Judge, Reading Rainbow Young Writers & Illustrators Contest.
04/2005 - present
- Utah Arts Council, Literary Arts Panel Reviewer.
09/2004 - 05/2008
- Utah Arts Council, Poetry Site Coordinator, Challenge America Project,.
07/2002 - 07/2004