I am interested in studying how spiritual/religious development leads to improvement in well being. I also have interests in autism research and the nature of prosocial development.
- Autistic Disorder
- The Neuroscience of Meditation: Part II: Impact on Self and Suffering. UU Mindfulness Meditation Circle, Salt Lake City, Utah . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 11/17/2017.
- The Neuroscience of Meditation: Developing the Brain Substrates of Wellbeing. Unitarian Church-Summer Forum Series 2017, Salt Lake City, Utah . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 07/18/2017.
- Neurodevelopmentally Informed Contemplative Practice Contemplative Practice and Higher Education-UofU Honors College Praxis Lab. Presentation, Presented, 11/23/2016.
- 5th annual Integrative Health Conference Towards a Neurodevelopmentally Informed Model of Spiritual Growth. Invited Talk/Keynote, Accepted, 03/14/2016.
- Parliament of the World's Religions Compassion and Spiritual Development Research Project. Other, Presented, 10/16/2015.
- American Alliance for Theater and Education (AATE)-Autism and neuroscience presenter & consultant. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 08/03/2015.
- (2014) AES 2014 Annual Meeting-High density EEG in pre-surgical evaluation presented by Ernst Rodin, MD Support role for pimary speaker and contributor to data used in presentation.. Other, Presented, 12/05/2014.
- (2014) Interdisciplinary Symposium on Empathy, Contemplative Practice and Pedagogy, the Humanities, and the Sciences The Neuromagnetic Correlates of Induced Compassion in Advanced Soto Zen Meditation Practitioners.. Other, Presented, 09/26/2014.
- Using Neuroimaging to Explore Brain Correlates of Spiritual States and Traits in Advanced Zen Masters: Implications For Nursing Research. Presentation, Presented, 02/2013.
- A Randomized Study of a Brief Novel Zen Dialogue Method For Rapid Induction of "Kensho Experience" with Enhancement of Mindfulness and Well Being Parameters. Conference Paper, Other, 04/15/2010.
- (2010) Neuroscience of Spiritual Development-ACPE Conference 2010. Other, Presented, 04/02/2010.
- (2000) Matsuo F, Jones M, Johnson M, Webster L. Subregional localization of epileptiform discharges displayed in polygraphic EEG (Presented at Neurology Conference). Other, Presented, 01/01/2000.
- English, fluent.
- Rodin EA & Bornfleth H, Johnson M (2017). DC-EEG recordings of mindfulness. Clinical Neurophysiology. Vol. 128, 512-519.
- MAGNETOENCEPHALOGRAPHIC INFRASLOW ACTIVITY: A FEASIBILITY STUDY. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology. Accepted, 12/01/2015.
- Linkage analysis of tourette syndrome in a large utah pedigree. Published, 2009.