- Megson, D., Dave Megson, Nadine Benoit, Court Sandau, Sri Chaudhuri, Tanya Long & Emma Coulthard (2019). Evaluation of the effectiveness of different indicator PCBs to estimating total PCB concentrations in environmental investigations. Elsevier. Vol. 237, 124429 (1-12).
- Hermanson, Mark H. & M.H. Hermanson, R. Hann (2017). Response to Comment on “Polychlorinated Biphenyls in Tree Bark near Former Manufacturing and Incinerator Facilities in Sauget, Illinois, United States”. American Chemical Society. Vol. 51, 8206–8207.
- Johnson, G.W. (2017). Chlorinated dioxin and furan congener profiles from pentachlorophenol sources. Journal of Environmental Protection. 8, 663-677.
- Hermanson, M.H., Hann, R., and Johnson, G.W. (2016) Polychlorinated biphenyls in tree bark near former manufacturing and incineration facilities in Sauget, Illinois, USA. Environ. Sci. Technol. 50, 6207−6215.
- Hermanson, M.H. and Johnson, G.W. (2016) Polychlorinated Dibenzofurans and Dibenzo-p-Dioxin in Tree Bark from an Industrialized Area: What the 2,3,7,8-Cl Substituted Congeners Tell Us, and What Is Missing. Journal of Environmental Protection, 7, 351-357. Published, 02/26/2016.
- Hermanson, M.H., and G.W. Johnson. (2015). Chlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxin and dibenzofuran congener and homologue distributions in tree bark from Sauget, Illinois, USA. Environmental Science & Technology. 49: 855–862.
- Johnson, G.W., Ehrlich, R., Full, W., and Ramos, S. (2015). Chapter 18: Principal components analysis and receptor models in environmental forensics. In: An Introduction to Environmental Forensics. 3rd Edition. (R. Morrison and B. Murphy, eds.). Elsevier. Amsterdam. pp. 609-653. Published, 01/01/2015.
- Megson, D., T.A. Brown, G.W. Johnson, G. O’Sullivan, A.W.J. Bicknell, S.C. Votier, M.C. Lohan, S. Comber, R. Kalin, and P.J. Worsfold. (2014). Identifying the provenance of Leach’s storm petrels in the North Atlantic using polychlorinated biphenyl signatures derived from comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography with time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Chemosphere. 114: 195-202.
- Johnson, G.W., Bock, M.J., (2014). Modeled PCB weathering series in principal components space: Considerations for multivariate chemical fingerprinting. In: Environmental Forensics Proceedings of the 2013 INEF Conference. Morrison, R.D., Sullivan, G (eds). Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Cambridge, UK. 117-124. Published, 07/09/2014.
- Johnson, G.W. (2013). Environmental Forensics. In: Encyclopedia of Environmetrics (El-Shaarawi and Piegorsch, eds.) Wiley, Chichester. Accepted, 01/15/2013.
- Hermanson, M.H., D.S. Jackson and G.W. Johnson. (2010). History of Inuit community excretion of polychlorinated biphenyls recorded in sewage lake sediments. Chemosphere. 78: 1322–1328.
- Johnson, G.W. (2010). Principal components analysis of environmental chemical data: Experience and application. Environmental Forensics: Proceedings of the 2009 INEF Annual Conference. Royal Society of Chemistry Special Publications. 327: 202-209. Published, 01/2010.
- Johnson, G.W. Hansen, L.G., Hamilton, M.C., Fowler, B., and Hermanson, M.H. 2008. PCB, PCDD and PCDF congener profiles in two types of Aroclor 1254. Environmental Toxicology & Pharmacology. 25: 156-163.
My expertise is in the area of environmental forensics, with a particular focus on multivariate statistical methods and sources, fate and transport of PCBs, dioxins and furans.
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Receptor Models
- Polychlorinated Biphenyls
- Multivariate Statistics
- Environmental Forensics
- Johnson, G.W. (2021). Unmixing Mixtures in Environmental Forensics. Invited Presentation to SDLE Research Center at Case Western Reserve University. Cleveland, OH. January 8, 2021. Presented remotely, via teleconference, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 01/08/2021.
- Johnson, G.W. (2019). Analysis of PCB and Dioxin/furan Data in Environmental Forensics: Experience and Application. SciX 2019: Annual Meeting of the Federation of Analytical Chemists and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS). Palm Springs, CA. October 13-18, 2019.
- Johnson. G.W. (2019). Data Visualization of Dioxin/Furan Congener Profiles. International
Network of Environmental Forensics 2019 Meeting. Honolulu, Hawaii. June 10-12,
- Johnson. G.W. (2018). A Matlab tool for visual goodness-of-fit evaluation in multivariate analysis of PCB and PCDD/F congener data. International Network of Environmental Forensics 2018 Meeting. Salt Lake City, Utah. June 25-27, 2018. Other, Presented, 06/26/2018.
- Johnson G.W., and Hermanson, M.H. (2017). Analysis of PCB Congener Profiles in Tree Bark from Sauget, Illinois. Presented at 37th International Symposium on Halogenated Environmental Organic Pollutants & POPs (Dioxin 2017). Vancouver, BC, Canada. August 20-25, 2017.
- Johnson. G.W. (2017). Multivariate Source Apportionment Models: Overview, Comparison and
Application to Analysis of PCB Congener Profiles. Keynote Presentation. International
Network of Environmental Forensics 2017 Meeting. Beijing, China. July 10-13, 2017.
- Johnson. G.W. (2015). An Historical Perspective on Principal Components Analysis and Factor Analysis in Environmental Forensics. International Network of Environmental Forensics 2015 Meeting. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. August 3-6, 2015.
- Johnson, G.W. (2009). Forensic Advances in Statistical Analysis of Environmental Data. Keynote Presentation. International Network of Environmental Forensics. Calgary, Alberta, Canada. August 31-September 2, 2009. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 08/31/2009.
- Gary, A.C., Wakefield, M.I., Johnson, G.W. and Ekart, D.D. (2009). Application of fuzzy-c-means clustering to paleoenvironmental analysis: Example from the Jurassic, Central North Sea, UK. SEPM Special Publication No. 93: Geologic Problem Solving with Microfossils. ISBN 978-1-56576-137-7. pp. 9-20. Conference Paper, Refereed, Other, 2009.
- Chemical Fingerprinting of Produced Crude Oils. PI: Glenn Johnson. Department of Energy, 10/22/2012 - 01/07/2013. Total project budget to date: $49,000.00
- Multidiscplinary Paleoecological Database/System Development. PI: Gary, Anthony C. Co-PI(s): Johnson, Glenn W.. Consortium of Corporate Sponsors, 07/01/2011 - 04/30/2012. Total project budget to date: $0.00
- TACSWorks ver. 4.0, rel. 7. Industrial Micropaleontology Software package developed through a number of grants/contracts through the Technical Alliance for Computational Stratigraphy. Anthony Gary, PI; Glenn Johnson Co-PI. Release Date: 03/01/2009. Inventors: Anthony Gary.