Erin Johnson Cole's research interests focus on improving adolescent reproductive care, motivational interviewing and patient behavior change, maternal mental health, effective patient education, interprofessional education, and innovative models of midwifery education. Current projects include developing an interprofessional education program between OB residents and CNM students at the University of Utah and developing an educational program for incoming students without birth experience.
- Patient Education
- Motivational Interviewing
- Midwifery Education
- Maternal Mental Health & Depression
- Interprofessional Education
- Interprofessional Collaborative Practice
- Adolescent Sexual Behavior
- Adolescent Pregnancy, Labor and birth, Postpartum
- Adolescent Gynecology
- Cole, E. Using Low-Stakes Quizzes to Improve Learning and Long-term Memory Retention. Academy of Health Science Educators 2020 Education Symposium, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT. Presentation, Presented, 09/15/2020.
- Cole, E. & Ellis, J. Post-Placental IUD Placement: Evidence, Patient Counseling, and Provider FYIs. Birthcare Healthcare, University of Utah. Presentation, Presented, 05/06/2020.
- Cole, E. (2019). Pregnancy, Nutrition, and the Placenta. Medical Dietetics, NDFS 4660. Utah State University, Salt Lake City, UT. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 11/04/2019.
- Cole, E. Endometrial Biopsy: Indications, Procedure, and Results Interpretations, Birthcare Healthcare, University of Utah. Presentation, Presented, 09/05/2019.
- Eillis, J. & Cole, E. Endometrial Biopsy Workshop. Annual Meeting, American College of Nurse Midwives, Washington, D.C.
- Cole, E. (2018). Pregnancy, Nutrition, and the Placenta. Medical Dietetics, NDFS 4660. Utah State University, Salt Lake City, UT. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/01/2018.
- Latendresse, G. & Cole, E. Prenatal Genetic Screening Information during the New OB Visit: Is One Minute Enough? 2nd Annual ACNM Regional Women’s Health Conference, Salt Lake City, UT. Presentation, Presented, 04/01/2013.
- University of Utah OB-CNM Interprofessional Education Project . PI: Cole, E. Co-PI(s): Watson, A. . 08/22/2019 - present.
- English, fluent.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Russian Federation
- Cole, E. & Maiolatesi, C. (2020). The Critically Ill Pregnant Woman. In Morton, P. & Fontaine D. (Eds.), Critical Care Nursing: A Holistic Approach (12th Edition). Wolters Kluwer Health. Accepted, 09/15/2020.
- Dyer, J., Latendresse, G., Cole, E., Coleman, J., Rothwell, E. (2018). Content of First Prenatal Visits. Maternal Child Health Journal. Vol. 22, 679-684.