- Undergraduate Studies , Fine Art, Art Center College of Design
- Associate of Art and Science, Fine Art, Utah Valley University
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Sculpture, Brigham Young University
- Post-Baccalaureate Studies, Center for Animation, Brigham Young University
- Master of Fine Arts, Entertainment Arts and Engineering, University of Utah. Project: MDA Framework (Mechanics- Dynamics- Aesthetics)
STAGE research group at the University of Utah examines the collision space between Simulation and Games. Our investigations often merge the two domains tools, pipelines, and cultures. We conduct our research through practice. Simulation Training Automation Games Education
Ryan Bown received his BFA in sculpture from Brigham Young University in 2008 and his MFA in Entertainment Arts and Engineering from the University of Utah in 2012. Prior to working in the games Industry he devoted a decade (1998-2008) to creating and showing Fine Art works at Galleries and Museums throughout the United States and abroad. Having a love for art and video games, he decided to fuse the two passions together. Over the past five years he has worked on half a dozen published games which include EIRE and Disney Infinity 1.0 & 2.0. At the University of Utah he teaches students fundamentals, theory and practice by paralleling game pipelines through the use of technology.