DNP Scholarly Project I
- American Nurses Association. 09/01/2016 - present. Position : Member.
- Society of Family Planning. 01/2016 - present. Position : Affiliate Fellow.
- American College of Nurse Midwives. 09/01/2010 - present. Position : Member.
- American College of Epidemiology. 09/01/2008 - present. Position : Associate.
- American Public Health Association. 09/01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Public Health Association. 09/01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Society for Epidemiologic Research. 09/01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Society for Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiologic Research. 09/01/2005 - present. Position : Member.
- Summit County Health Department. 01/01/2019 - present .
I strive to design course activities to be challenging in a way that facilitates learning. I use real-life examples that make students think about situations where there are conflicting guidelines or different interpretations of the evidence in order to promote independent thinking. In online classes, I use homework problems as a way to help student apply knowledge from lectures and readings—these are designed to stretch them and help them identify areas where they are lacking understanding in preparation for more formal assessment such as quizzes and exams. I ask students to review, compare, and critique studies with distinctive or flawed approaches in order to make the lessons more memorable. While my teaching activities are designed to challenge students, I also make every effort to let students know that I care deeply about their learning and I make myself readily available to answer questions and provide clarity.