Professor, Art/Art History Department
- Master of Fine Arts,
Painting and Drawing,
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Honors & Awards
- Celebrate U, A Showcase Of Extraordinary Faculty Achievements. Highlights University of Utah faculty who reached a pinnacle of professional success and were selected to represent the top research within their college in 2015.
UNIVERSITY OF UTAH VICE PRESIDENT FOR RESEARCH,
- Awarded by the University of Utah which recognizes faculty who invent things with potential to change the world and improve lives.
The Distinguished Innovation and Impact Award,
- “Professors Off Campus Project,” University of Utah .
TANNER HUMANITIES CENTER,
- “Fine Arts Fees For Student Groups,” Painting and Drawing Student Association, Project Grant, Faculty Advisor.
College of Fine Arts,
- Community Mural.
UTAH DIVISION FOR THE BLIND & VISUALLY IMPARTED,
- Community Mural.
City of South Salt Lake,
- Artist Residency.
- Community Mural Residency.
- Travel Grant.
Department of Art and Art History,
- 2009 CITY WEEKLY ARTY AWARD, “Best Reason to Look at a Wall,” Community Award, SLC, Utah.
Newspaper Mural Award,
- John R. Park Fellowship-UCLA Caesar Chavez Digital Mural Lab.
University of Utah,
In the Media
- MELODY MURDOCK, Culture In Living Color, Continuum, The Magazine Of The University Of Utah, Updates, Spring 2016, . 03/03/2016.
- ANN POORE, Public Art: West Valley City, “Language Of Hope” New Mural At West Valley’s Esperanza Elementary,
15 Bytes, Utah’s Art Magazine: Published by Artists of Utah, p.p. #4, January 2016. 01/14/2016.
- TELEMUNDO UTAH “Mural Brings new Hope”
- RAVELL CALL, “West Valley mural celebrates students' cultural narratives,” Deseret News, p.p. B-3
- Esperanza Elementary Mural Dedication
- ELY MARTINEZ, “Art Students From U of U Create Mural at School Hope in West Valley,” Aldia Utah
- GRACE CHENEY, Lenguaje de Esperanza (Language of Hope) Salt Lake Magazine
- JAMES RYLAND KENDALL, “Those Who Matter Must Know They Matter: The Beauty Behind Martinez’s Special Topics Arts Class”, The Finer Points, Official Blog of the University of Utah College of Fine Arts. 11/23/2015.
- “Reg15nales, Anos, Periodico ARTERIA, Ano 10 #50, Septiembre 2015, p. 15. 10/15/2015.
- PALESTINE NEWS NETWORK, Dar al-Kalima College opens the floor for Art Exhibition, “The Poetry of Mahmoud Darwish,” . 08/2014.
- DONIA AL-WATOAN, Dar al-Kalima College opens the floor for Art Exhibition, “The Poetry of Mahmoud Darwish,” . 08/2014.
- FATE MEDIA, “Faculty of Dar University opens the floor for Art Exhibition, “The Poetry of Mahmoud Darwish,” . 08/2014.
- DESERET NEWS, “U. Faculty Members Receive Innovation Award,” . 04/2014.
- JOSE LUIS GÓMEZ GUENCHOR, “Con Exposición Colectiva “El Imperativo Ecológico" MAC Valdivia-UACh Inició Temporada Estival,” Chile . 06/06/2012.
- J.M MARTIN, ‘Step Into Art’ in public spaces throughout the community,” South Salt Lake Journal, pp#1 &8, SLC, Utah. 05/22/2012.
- SOFIA STREMPEK “UMFA showcases faculty’s multiple mediums,” University of Utah Chronicle. 03/15/2012.
- TU PANORAMA, Valdivia - Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Exposición Colectiva 'The Ecological Imperative / El Imperativo Ecológico' at Museo de Arte Contemporáneo, Chile, . 02/28/2012.
- Direccion de Extension UACH, Chile
- TAUNYA DRESSLER, “Turning Walls into Bridges, An artist and activist uses murals to stimulate community engagement” Continuum Magazine pp.#14-16, SLC, Utah. 07/02/2011.
- SHERYL GILLILAN, “Community Art: Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts,” 15 Bytes Utah’s Art Magazine, May 04, 2011, ppp.#1/7 . 05/04/2011.
- MICHAEL OMAN, “Community-based art education used as tool by artists to build communities, change lives,” Voices of Utah,. 03/01/2011.
- PALESTINIAN NEWS NETWORK, Bethlehem, Palestine, Diyar Consortium opened two exhibitions entitled "Gaza" and "Displacement" for the American Artist George Rivera, . 02/17/2011.
- PALESTINIAN NEWS NETWORK, The opening of two exhibitions for an American Artist in Bethlehem "Gaza" and "Displacement" Bethlehem, . 02/17/2011.
- Millcreek Journal
“Public art project on permanent display near Millcreek,” pp#14&15, SLC, Utah. 12/09/2010.
- “Mural Highlights History and Beauty of South Salt Lake” South Salt Lake Journal, Year 7 Issue 1, pp.#3/7, SLC, Utah. 01/28/2010.
- SUE MARTIN, “Kim Martinez, Trent Alvey Mural Painting and Choosing a Paint Box,” 15 Bytes Artists of Utah Ezine, pp#7
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Bosnia and Herzegovina. Exhbition.
- Brazil. Exhibition.
- Chile. Exhibition.
- China. Exhibition.
- Colombia. Exhibition.
- Guatemala. Exhibition .
- Hungary. Exhibition.
- Mexico. Exhibition .
- Occupied Palestinian Territory. Exhibition.
- Peru. Exhibition.