Director Global Social Work
Associate Director BSW program in Social Work
Director Field Education BSW Program
Associate Professor Emeritus, College Of Social Work
- Student Fee Learning Abroad Scholarship Committee.
Projects include a revision of the scholarship eligibility criteria and a review of the committee membership structure.
11/01/2017 - present
- UofU New Student Orientation for Incoming Students .
Role: Faculty Session Presenter.
Meet with a group of incoming U of U students. Respond to questions, concerns, differentiate between growth and fixed mind sets, etc.
06/01/2017 - present
- Faculty as Designers for Student Success.
Role: Faculty member.
"think tank" with faculty around issues impacting U of U students success.
09/01/2016 - present
- Grace House Children's Project.
Role: Clinical Director.
Oversee clinical team working with children who have experienced trauma international and locally.
01/01/2016 - present
- Comprehensive Retention and Completion Task Force.
Role: Team member.
Engaged on interdisciplinary team around issues with retention and completion of U of U students.
09/01/2013 - present
- U of U Conflict of Interest Committee.
Role: team member.
review potential conflict of interest issues at the University of Utah.
01/01/2009 - 01/01/2016
- Institutional Review Board, University of Utah.
Role: Committee member.
Review potential research to be conducted at the U of U with human participants.
06/01/2008 - present
Honors & Awards
- BSW Outstanding Faculty Award.
College of Social Work, University of Utah,
- Student/Alumni - Favorite Professor 2013 - with several of my colleagues.
University of Utah Student/Alumni,
- Teaching Award.
National Society of Leadership Success, Excellence in Teaching Award,
- Interdisciplinary Teaching Seed Grant Award "International Community-Based Research: Developing Needed Skills for Program Development, Assessment, Research and Impact Analysis in Developing Country Settings.".
University of Utah,
- Interdisciplinary Research Grant "A Participatory Impact Outcome Evaluation of Four Coordinated Social and Community Development Projects Implemented in 10 Peruvian Villages: Impact on the Childhood Health and Development within Communities.".
University of Utah,
- Belle Spafford Award.
International Federation of Social Workers
2008 - present
The Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors, Inc.
08/01/2006 - present
Council on Social Work Education
2006 - present
National Association of Social Workers
2001 - present