Instructor (Clinical), Special Education
- Deafblind International 2017: European Conference, Aalborg, Denmark,
Teaching Concepts to Children Using the BEST Elements of Dance.
- Division of Early Childhood International Conference, Louisville KY, Multidisciplinary Training Model: Strategies for Using Creative Dance to Promote Preschoolers' Development.
While the arts have been shown to improve student outcomes, teachers have reported a lack of confidence for integrating the arts in their classrooms. This poster presents a multidisciplinary university course designed to increase pre-service and in-service teachers' capacity to use creative dance to teach skills across preschool activities.
- Division Of Early Childhood International Conference: Increasing Play Complexity in Children with Autism Through Music and Movement.
- Division Of Early Childhood International Conference: Poster Presentation: Increasing Play Initiations in Inclusive Preschool Classrooms: Keys to Play.
- Deafblind International: 8th European Conference, Lille, France.
Literacy and shared story book reading with children who are deafblind: Family and professional partnerships.
- 14th International CEC-DADD Conference on Autism, Intellectual Disability, and Developmental Disabilities. Kona, Hawaii
- Nelson, C., Greenfield, R., Hyte, H., Shaffer, J., & Paul, K. (2011). Reduction of Stress in Children who are Deafblind. Paper presented at 15th Deafblind International World Conference, Sao Paolo, Brazil.
Conference Paper, Refereed,
- Paul, K., McDonnell, A. P., & Nelson, C. (2011). Movement: A context for learning for preschoolers with disabilities. Poster presented at 28th International Division of Early Childhood Conference, Harbor Springs, MD.