Adv Ped Hlth Promo/AssmLocation: CANVAS (CANVAS)
Adolescent Health & Dev
- Utah Nurses Association. 05/2019 - 12/2019. Position : Member.
- Utah Public Health Association. 03/2019 - 12/2019. Position : Member.
- 2019Utah Nurse Practitioners. 01/2008 - present. Position: Member. 01/2019 - 12/2019. Position : Member.
- American Acadmey of Pediatrics Council on Foster Care, Adoption, and Kinship Care,. 03/2015 - present. Position : Member.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. 01/2015 - present. Position : Affiliate Member.
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. 01/2015 - present. Position : Member.
- Utah Nurse Practitioners. 01/2008 - present. Position : Member.
- Clinical Practice at the University of Utah Department of Pediatrics South Main Foster Clinic since 2003. Responsible for providing Medical Home comprehensive health care services for children and adolescents placed in foster care. Responsibilities include clinical services, program management, care coordination, consultation with DCFS, and advocacy for this high risk population. Practice sites include the South Main Clinic, the Christmas Box House Shelter Clinic, and the University of Utah Girls Transition Center. Clinical preceptor for undergraduate community health nursing students and Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Doctor of Nursing Practice DNP students. Involvement with inter-professional development for pediatric residents during their advocacy and adolescent rotations, Physician Assistant students, and URLEND trainees. 01/2019 - 12/2019 . # of Hours: 24.
Promote and support student learning by mentoring and reinforcing principles of evidence based practice in the clinical setting.
Advanced Pediatric Health Assessment
This course is designed to teach primary care nurse pracitioners in the DNP program the concepts of advanced health promotion, physical examination, and developmental assessment as applied to the pediatric population.