Coordinator, American Indian Studies Program, Ethnic Studies
Professor, Ethnic Studies
Professor, Education, Culture & Society
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Academic Title, Excellence in Education award for "Reflections in Place" from review of 7,292 scholarly publications in 2010.
- Critics Choice Award for my book, "Reflections in Place".
American Educational Studies Association,
- Senior Distinguished Diversity Scholar.
University of Utah, College of Education,
- Outstanding Service Award, College of Education.
University of Utah,
- George and Louise Spindler Award, Distinguished Achievement Award.
American Anthropological Association, Council of Anthropology & Education,
- Distinguished Achievement Award for "Cultural Differences in Child Development: Navajo Adolescents in Middle Schools".
The Educational Press Association of America,
In the Media
- Title: "Chronicling Navajo Education," Interviewed on Radio West with Doug Fabrizio. 06/22/2010.