Research Professor, Civil And Environmental Engin
Adjunct Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering
Role: reviewed three papers for peer-reviewed journals.
01/03/2022 - 06/30/2022
- World Geothermal Congress.
I reviewed 10 papers for the World Geothermal Congress that will be held in Iceland in April 2020.
05/15/2019 - 12/18/2019
reviewed 4 papers for peer-reviewed journals in geothermal energy.
01/01/2019 - 12/31/2019
- Energy and Geoscience Institute at the University of Utah.
Role: peer reviewer.
Reviewed 5 papers for peer-reviewed journals.
01/01/2018 - 12/31/2018
- Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Adelaide, Australia.
Role: Ph.D. dissertation review.
Advisory Committee Member for Ph.D. dissertation.
12/01/2014 - 03/20/2015
- Faculté des Sciences Exactes et Naturelles, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, Guadeloupe, France.
Role: Ph.D. disseratation review.
served on the advisory committee of Ph.D. candidate Christelle Dixit of the Faculte des Sciences Exactes et Naturelles, Universite des Antilles et de la Guyane, Guadeloupe, France.
06/03/2014 - 06/03/2014
- FluidTracer, Inc.
Dr. Rose is the President and CEO of FluidTracer, Inc., a small business that consults to the geothermal community and is a recent awardee of a Phase 2 STTR grant from the DOE Office of Science for a project entitled: “A Wireline-Deployed Tool for Monitoring Fluid Flow within an EGS Borehole”. The objective of this project is to design, fabricate and test a borehole fluorimeter/flowmeter that measures fluid-flow rates in boreholes based upon a tracer-dilution method. He splits his time evenly between work on the STTR grant and his duties at EGI.
01/01/2014 - 03/30/2018
- Scientific Advisory Committee for LABEX project G-eau Thermie at the University of Strasbourg, France.
to review 15 proposals for geophysical and geochemical research sponsored by the University of Strasbourg, France.
10/2012 - 01/30/2017
- Swiss Laboratory for Geothermics at Neuchâtel University.
Role: review papers, advise students.
Scientific Committee Member.
10/10/2010 - 10/10/2012
- Sixth International Conference on Tracers and Tracing Methods, TRACER 6, Oslo, Norway.
International Scientific Committee Member .
10/10/2010 - 06/30/2011
Honors & Awards
- Henry J. Ramey, Jr. Geothermal Reservoir Engineering Award 2018 - For outstanding achievements in the field of geothermal reservoir engineering.
Geothermal Resources Council,
- Committee Member for M.S. Project within Department of Chemical Engineering for Justin Richards: The project was a laboratory study to characterize wellbore flow processes vs. tool travel rate for the waterflood borehole tool that emerged from my SBIR Phase II project.
03/01/2016 - 09/13/2017.
- Committee Member for M.S. project for Carlos Vega-Ortiz within Dept of Chemical Engineering. The project was the development and demonstration of a down-hole sampler based on a novel spring-driven syringe-pump concept that emerged from my SBIR Phase II project.
M.S Project Defense Committee Member ,
03/01/2016 - 12/20/2016.
- Geothermal Program Coordinator.
coordinate and advise other PIs within the geothermal program at EGI,
10/2001 - 10/2015.