Associate Professor, History
- Inârah: Institute for Research on Early Islamic History and the Koran.
Board of Directors: major policiy decisions, auditing of financial records.
03/15/2012 - present
- Career Development Committee.
07/01/2016 - present.
- Chair, Teaching Committee.
07/01/2014 - present.
- Member, Advisory Board, University of Utah Press; meetings twice per semester.
Read and approve/reject manuscripts submitted to the press,
09/01/2013 - present.
- Member, Religious Studies Program.
participation in program development,
07/01/2013 - present.
- Marion-Farouk Sluglett Undergraduate and Graduate Paper Prize in Middle Eastern Studies.
Chair, selection committee,
07/01/1995 - present.
- Salt Lake Center for Science Education (high school in Rose Park), 1 hour of sequential presentations to small student groups (ca. 5 each), on a topic in World History (The Significance of Nicolaus Copernicus as a geographer and astronomer).
09/03/2014 - present
Honors & Awards
- 2014 Teacher Appreciation Award; "presented for your exceptional commitment to the academic achievement of your students".
Sigma Chi Fraterbnity, Beta Epsilon Chaptyer,
- Grant to support the production of an Online course ($4,500), for AY 2008-2009.
University of Utah, TACC,
- Interdisciplinary Grant for the development of a course, team-taught with Professors Sluglett and Yavuz, for AY 2008-2009.
University of Utah, College of Humanities,
Middle East Studies Association
01/01/2011 - 12/31/2014
In the Media