- BS, Biochemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca NY
- AD, Nursing, Tompkins Cortland Community College, Dryden NY
- BS , Nursing, University of Utah
- MS, Nursing, University of Utah. Project: PMS: Diagnosis and Treatment Options for the Nurse Pracitioner
- DNP, Nursing, University of Utah. Project: Diagnosis of Osteoporosis in Asian Women
I am curently an Associate Professor (Clinical) in the College of Nursing. I am a faculty member in the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Doctor of Nursing Program and I'm committed to providing quality nursing education for future nurse practitioners. I have been a Family Nurse Practitioner for more than 20 years, providing primary care to underserved populations, including minority and under and non insured patients. I continue to provide care for a panel of patients at the Community Health Centers.
In addition, I have an administrative role at the College of Nursing as the director for the Post MS-DNP track. I have enjoyed supporting and guiding students successfully through the program. I really love watching students grow as they acquire broader skills to deal with today's health care needs.
More recently, I have taken on the role as the Executive Director, Nurse Practitioner Education. I hope to blend my experience in clinical arena with my experience teaching in the Nurse Pracitioner Progams to guide nurse practitioner education. I love what nurse practitioners bring to health care and the individuals we serve, providing quality, holistic health care while keeping cost down.