Professor, Metallurgical Engineering
- Scale Up and Optimization of Ball Mills in Iron Ore Grinding, P.Faria, R.Rajamani (University of Utah), M.Tavares ( Federal University of Rio De Janeiro), S.Guachalla ( Vale Iron S/A Brazil), 3rd Symposium on Iron Ore Pelletizing, Organizer: COREM, Quebec City, Canada.
- Advances in Discrete Element Method Application to Grinding Mills.
- The Evolution of Tumbling Mill Simulation with the Discrete Element Method.
Geographical Regions of Interest
Research Equipment and Testing Expertise
- Laboratory scale High Pressure Grinding Roll.
412 Browning building.
- Millsoft 3D.
A software for three dimensional simulation of charge motion in semi autogenous mills, autogenous mills and ball mills. The software computes mill power and impact energy spectra besides a video of the charge motion. The computing is done on the Graphic Processing Unit of the desktop PC.
Release Date: 12/10/2011.
Inventors: Raj Rajamani.
- Millsoft Online.
A software for the design of shell lifters for ball mills, autogenous mills, and semi autogenous mills.
Release Date: 01/01/1998.
Inventors: Raj Rajamani and Barada Mishra.
Distribution List: The software is licensed to Process Engineering Resources Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah. www.processeng.com.
A software for simulation of charge motion in minseral ore grinding mills such as ball mill, rod mill, semi autogenous mill and autogenous mill.
Release Date: 03/1996.
Inventors: Raj Rajamani.
- Experimental Study on Non-linear Behavior of Breakage Rates due to Fines Generation in Wet Batch Milling.
- "Overflow vesrus Grate Discharge Ball Mills: An Experimental Investigation," R. Latchireddi, R. Rajamani, S.Latchireddi, Canadian Institute of Metallurgy Proceedings, Ottawa, Canada, 2015.
- Dhawan, Nikhil, Rajamani, Raj K & Rashidi, Samira (2014). Population Balance Model for Crushed Ore Agglomeration for Heap Leach Operations. Hosokawa Powder Technology Foundation. Vol. 31(0), 200-213.
- Rajamani, Raj K., Miller, Jan D., Dhawan, Nikhil, Moats, Michael S. & Safarzadeh, M. Sadegh (2013). Crushed ore agglomeration and its control for heap leach operations. Elsevier BV. Vol. 41, 53-70.
- DEM SIMULATION OF MILL CHARGE IN 3D VIA GPU COMPUTING, R.K.Rajamani, S.Callhan,J. Schreiner, 6th International Conference on the Discrete Element Method, Golden, Colorado.
- Rajamani, Raj K., Dhawan, Nikhil, Lin, Chen-Luh, Moats, Michael S., Miller, Jan D. & Safarzadeh, M. Sadegh (2012). Recent advances in the application of X-ray computed tomography in the analysis of heap leaching systems. Elsevier BV. Vol. 35, 75-86.
- Evaluation of scale up factors in a lab scale High Pressure Grinding Roll, Proceedings of the XXVI International Mineral Processing Congress (IMPC 2012). Paper No. 406 Available as electronic copy from IMPC 2012 Organizers.
- Review Article – Crushed Ore Agglomaration and its Control for Heap Leach Operations, Minerals Engineering,41 (2012) 53-70.
- Recent Advances in the application of x-ray computed tomography in the analysis of heap leaching systems, Minerals Engineering, 35 (2012) 75-86.
- Insights into Heap Leach Technology. Presented and published in 2012 SME Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, Preprint No.12-119.
- "Computational Fluid Dynamics Prediction of the Air-Core in Hydrocyclones."Delgadillo J. and Rajamani R., International Journal of Computational Fluids Dynamics. 23(1) pp 189-197 (2009).