Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Art/Art History Department
Honors & Awards
- I was Voted one of the 15 Significant Artists of Utah
by 15 Bytes readers. The 15 Artists participated in a month long Exhibition at The Rio Grande Train Station.
- Quick Draw Art Competition as A Fundraiser for Kimball Art Center.
I competed in this Multi-Media Event which included dinner for the spectators followed by a live auction. We raised nearly Six Thousand Dollars. Happily I emerged the victor by popular vote.
Kimball Art Center in Conjunction with Coda Gallery,
- I was chosen to Jury the Helper Painting Salon.
Helper Salon, Helper, Utah,
In the Media
- My Painting "Picture Plane" was reproduced in the Springville Museum's
Springville Salon Catalogue. 05/01/2013.
- Full page add in "Park City" Magazine sponsored by Coda Gallery Park City, Utah. 01/13/2013.
- Outwin Boochiver Portrait Competition Participant.
Now exhibiting at "Cafe" Website. 11/01/2011.
- 15 Bytes Online Art Magazine: Interview and statement related to my one person show at Phillips Gallery in Salt Lake City.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Argentina. I've been preparing all year for a cultural tour of Buenos Aires with my Spanish Speaking Dinner Party Group. Study has been rigorous as well as fun. The level of Spanish is intermediate to advanced.
- Latin America and the Caribbean. I traveled extensively in Argentina with the Spanish Speaking Group "Pura Vida" (see Training Category for more explanation). We also had brief visits to both Brazil and Uruguay our adventure in Spanish.
- Northern Europe. I visited The Rijks Museum in Amsterdam for Three days of Study and Photography of Master Works that I am currently using to Teach both Graduate Students and Undergraduates. I also Documented a Wharhol and Banksy show in a small venue near The Rijks Museum.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I did Scholarly Research in Painting, Drawing , and Sculpture in Edinburgh, Scotland and Liverpool England. My specific focus The 19th Century to Contemporary Painters of Scotland at the National Gallery.
In Liverpool I visited The Walker Museum which housed the Pre-Raphaelites and a Contemporary show of Young Post-Modern Painters. My Documentation of this work is currently being used as a teaching device in both graduate and undergraduate students.