JoAnne Wright, PhD, OTR/L, CLVT interest and expertise in the combined the fields of gerontology, occupational therapy and low vision create a strong foundation for research into the participation and functional ability of older adults who are dealing with vision loss. She is also interested in the impact of mTBI on ocularmotor and visual perceptual skills as they apply to participation in work and schooling.
- Low Vision
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Aging in Place
- Occupational Science and Therapy
- Technology and Participation
- Occupational Therapy as a Career. Student Dev 291. Intro to Health Professions. Brigham Young University. Presentation, Presented, 09/27/2012.
- Clients with Low Vision and Its Impact on OT Treatment-Part Two. Utah OT Association Annual Conference. Co-presenter Kasey Mitchell, MA, OTR/L. SLC, UT. Presentation, Presented, 09/22/2012.
- Occupational Therapy as a Career Health Promotion & Education Intro To Health Professions University of Utah . Presentation, Presented, 09/20/2012.
- Emergency/Disaster Preparation for All: Taking into Consideration the Complexity of Visual Impairment. Envision 2012 Conference. St Louis, MO. Presentation, Presented, 09/14/2012.
- Occupational Therapy as a Career. Student Dev 291. Intro to Health Professions. Brigham Young University. Presentation, Presented, 02/07/2012.
- Occupational Therapy as a Career--Health Professions & Education. Presentation, Presented, 11/03/2011.
- A Career in Occupational Therapy--Health Promotion and Education Intro Course. Presentation, Presented, 09/20/2011.
- Understanding the Impact of Low Vision on OT Treatment Utah Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference. Co-Presenters: Dr Bradley Freestone, Kasey Mitchell. Presentation, Presented, 09/17/2011.
- The Meaning of Home in Home Safety Evaluation--Rocky Mountain Gerontology Conference Plenary Speaker. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 09/15/2011.
- Occupational Therapy As A Career--BYU SD 291 Course. Presentation, Presented, 02/23/2011.
- English, fluent.
- Mandarin Chinese, functional.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Eastern Asia
- Eastern Europe
- Northern Africa
- Northern Europe
- Special needs of older adults. In Pendleton & Schulz-Krohn (Eds) Pedretti's Occupational Therapy: Practice skills for physical dysfunction-7th Ed. Mosby Elsevier. St Louis MO. Published, 12/2011.
- Lysaght, R., Wright, J. The use of occupation-based strategies in worker rehabilitation programs. American Journal of Occupational Therapy; Mar April Issue. Published, 2005.
- Wright, J. Developing your professional portfolio. In Sladyk, K. (Ed.) The successful occupational therapy fieldwork student. (pp167-171). Thorofare, NJ: Slack Pub. Published, 2002.
- Wright, J. Epilogue: What next? In Lou, J.Q. Genetics: Challenges and opportunities for health care professionals. (pp85-89) Dubuque, Iowa:AOTA Press/Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co. Published, 2002.