PMHNP Practicum IILocation: CANVAS (CANVAS)
- American foundation for suicide Prevention . 05/20/2010 - present. Position : Member.
- I am a member of American Psychiatric Nurses Association . That organization has started to hold meetings and I attended a conference this year. 05/01/2008 - 05/01/2019. Position : Member.
- College of Nursing Faculty Practice General Practice of Psychotherapy - Individual, Couple and Family Therapy Supervise Practicum I, II, and III student in my practice. College of Nursing. 05/01/2018 - 05/01/2019 . # of Hours: 12.
- Faculty Practice Psychotherapy Collge of Nursing . 03/14/2013 - present .
- Maintained psychotherapy pracitce since 1970. General psychotherapy practice includes ages starting at 16. Women's mental health, PTSD,complicated grief, particularly surviors of suicide, couple and family therapy are areas of specialization. Practice office is in the College of Nursing building room 3526. 01/17/2011 - present .
N7340 Group and Family Therapy (3) This is a course originally designed to teach stduents the various theories of family and group therapy. As PMNNPs primarily practice medication management, the course objectives need revision. Theoretical guidelines underlying both group and family therapy provide expanatory models for understanding the development and/or responses of the family systems to emotional and mental health problems. Social and cultural influences or determinants of family functioning are studied in the course along with major family and group therapies. The addition of a ddiscussion and presentation group format provides a context for grester student involvement in the learning process. As we now know that good mental health is the underlying basis for physical health,studnets need to develop understanding of how such factors as childhood abuse and trauma, poverty, divorce, cultrual and racial discrimination result in trauma, addictions, and mental illnesses. The group and family course adds to students' theorectical foundation as they begin their therapy clinical practice the the following summer semester after the family and group course..