Associate Professor, Anthropology Department
Research Associate, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
Adjunct Associate Professor, Linguistics
- ANTH 1070-001
Intro Ling in Anth
- ANTH 4950-012
- ANTH 6950-012
- ANTH 6970-015
- ANTH 6980-018
- ANTH 7910-017
- ANTH 7920-013
- ANTH 7970-016
- ANTH 7980-011
- Recording Equipment and Longitudinal Studies Corpus for Sociolinguistics/Linguistic Anthropology Courses.
Project Lead: Marianna Di Paolo.
University Teaching Committee: Individual Teaching Grant.
05/2014 - 05/2015.
Total Budget: $3,471.00.
- STUDY OF THE INTONATION OF THE TONGAN LANGUAGE. UROP grant.
This project will result in a paper on voice quality as ethnic markers in the Tongan migrant community in the Salt Lake Valley.
Kira van Dyk.
01/11/2016 - 05/06/2016
- Boosting Phonetics Research through Technology. UROP grant.
08/17/2015 - 12/15/2015
- Training Prosodylab Aligner for Tongan. Collaborative project: Lisa Johnson, Marianna Di Paolo & Adrian Bell. An earlier version of this work was presented at NWAV 44. The follow-up project will result in a journal article to be submitted in the first half of 2016. It will also be Lisa's breadth paper.
02/09/2015 - present
- Study of Tongan language. Voiceless vowels and other variable phonetic features. Collaborators: Lisa Johnson and Adrian Bell.
08/19/2014 - 12/31/2015