Lang in Soc ContextLocation: HEB 2010 (Henry Eyring Bldg)
Lang in Social ContextLocation: HEB 2010 (Henry Eyring Bldg)
Intro SociolinguisticsLocation: HEB 2010 (Henry Eyring Bldg)
- Acoustical Society of America. 01/01/2016 - present. Position : Member, 1993-96 & 2016.
- Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas. 01/01/2010 - present. Position : Member.
- American Dialect Society. 01/01/1982 - present. Position : Member 1982- ; Executive Council Member 2017-2020.
- Linguistic Society of America. 01/01/1975 - present. Position : Member.
- Recording Equipment and Longitudinal Studies Corpus for Sociolinguistics/Linguistic Anthropology Courses. Project Lead: Marianna Di Paolo. University Teaching Committee: Individual Teaching Grant. 05/2014 - 05/2015. Total Budget: $3,471.00.
- STUDY OF THE INTONATION OF THE TONGAN LANGUAGE. UROP grant. This project will result in a paper on voice quality as ethnic markers in the Tongan migrant community in the Salt Lake Valley. Kira van Dyk. 01/11/2016 - 05/06/2016
- Boosting Phonetics Research through Technology. UROP grant. Carter Holt. 08/17/2015 - 12/15/2015
- Training Prosodylab Aligner for Tongan. Collaborative project: Lisa Johnson, Marianna Di Paolo & Adrian Bell. An earlier version of this work was presented at NWAV 44. The follow-up project will result in a journal article to be submitted in the first half of 2016. It will also be Lisa's breadth paper. Lisa Johnson. 02/09/2015 - present
- Study of Tongan language. Voiceless vowels and other variable phonetic features. Collaborators: Lisa Johnson and Adrian Bell. Carter Holt, Lisa Johnson. 08/19/2014 - 12/31/2015