Associate Professor, Anthropology Department
Research Associate, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
Adjunct Associate Professor, Linguistics
The University of Texas at Austin.
Project: A Study of Double Modals in Texas English
Honors & Awards
- The Shoshoni Language Project received the William G. Demmert Cultural Freedom Award.
National Indian Education Association,
- Best of Utah award to the The Shoshoni Language Project.
Salt Lake City Weekly ,
- An Introduction to Sociophonetics. Co-taught by Marianna Di Paolo and Malcah Yaeger-Dror at the 2011 LSA Summer Institute. University of Colorado-Boulder.
2011 Linguistic Society of America Summer Institute,
In the Media
- Radio appearance. State of the Re:Union episode. “Salt Lake City, UT: Updating Tradition.” Regarding Shoshoni Language Project. Airing in May 2014. 05/2014.
- Appearance on Mountain TV in Park City. Topic: Shoshoni Language Project. December 11, 2013. 12/11/2013.
- Various news stories subsequent to release of Enee! video game. 08/2013.
- Italian, fluent.
- Spanish, fluent.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- Jordan. Supervised graduate students working on Arabic, mostly on varieties spoken in Jordan.
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Published on English dialects and worked on collaborative projects with UK colleagues.