- Bachelor of Science, BS, University Of Wyoming
- Master of Science, MS, University Of Utah
- Certificate, School of Business, University of Utah. Project: Administration for Physicians: A Medical Leadership Program
- Certificate, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Project: Leadership for the 21st Century - Chaos, Conflict and Courage
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Nursing, University of Utah. Project: A New Way to Assess Pain: The Coping With Labor Algorithm
- Certificate, Executive Leadership Program, AACN-Wharton
Dr. Roberts is a Certified Nurse Midwife who has been faculty at the University of Utah since 1993. She has an active clinical practice and enjoys all aspects of woman’s health care and obstetrics. BirthCare HealthCare (BCHC), is the University’s premier midwifery practice, whose nurse midwives are experts in pregnancy and childbirth with a Primary C-section rate of 7%. Dr. Roberts is the Primary author of the Coping With Labor Algorithm© a tool which replaces the 0 -10 NRS in pain evaluation for the laboring woman. The Coping Algorithm has been adopted widely across the United States, with dissemination and adoption in Europe and the Middle East.
As a Professor in Nursing, she is also the Associate Dean of Faculty Practice, and is responsible for College of Nursing faculty who are Advanced Practice Nurses, facilitating interdisciplinary models of care and development of new faculty practice sites. Dr. Roberts oversees 16 different faculty practices and is responsible for the 56 faculty in those 16 practices. Under her leadership these practices yield over $5 million in revenue yearly. Her specialty is interdisciplinary and collaborative practice. Dr. Roberts is an entrepreneur in faculty practice development and is able to articulate connections in an impactful manner.
Dr. Roberts was the first nurse in Utah to be recognized as a Health Care Hero and has received this honor twice. She also received the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) State Advocate Award for Excellence in 2013. She was the recipient of the National Perinatal Association’s 2013 Individual Contribution to Maternal Child Health Award. Dr. Roberts is the 2016 Distinguished Alumna for the University of Wyoming. In 2017 Dr. Roberts participated in the AACN-Wharton Executive Leadership Program.
Associate Dean of Faculty Practice, College of Nursing