Ronald N. Boyce Presidential Professor of Criminal Law and University Distinguished Professor of Law, College Of Law
Distinguished Professor, College Of Law
- Crime victims litigation.
Professor Cassell frequently handles pro bono cases for crime victims attempting to assert rights in the criminal justice process.
12/2007 - present
Honors & Awards
American Bar Foundation,
American Law Institute,
- Christine M. Durham Public Service Award.
UVU Christine M. Durham Prelaw Club,
- Faculty Achievement Award for Research Excellence.
University of Utah College of Law,
- Scott M. Matheson Award for Outstanding Service to Utah Law Related Education.
- Paul M. Bator Award (for outstanding young law professor in the country).
- Faculty Achievement Award for Teaching Excellence.
University of Utah College of Law ,
- Order of the Coif.
Stanford Law School,
Stanford Law Review,
Utah Council on Victims of Crime
01/2014 - present
National Crime Victims Law Institute
06/2008 - present
05/1992 - present
In the Media
- Professor Cassell is frequently quoted in major media on criminal justice issues, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the L.A. Times, Sixty Minutes, and other sources. 12/2007.