- P. Struijk, H. Migchels, V. J. Mathews, P. A. Stewart, E. B. Clark, C. L. deKorte and F. K. Lotgering, ``Fetal aortic distensibility, compliance, and pulse pressure assessment during the second half of pregnancy," Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 39, no. 11, pp. 1966-1975, 2013. Published, 11/2013.
- D. Zhu and V. J. Mathews, "Blind identification of QAM signals using a likelihood-based algorithm," Proc. IEEE Workshop on Digital Signal Processing and Signal Processing Education, pp. 158-163, Napa Valley, California, August 11-14, 2013. Published, 08/2013.
- A. Carini, G. L. Sicuranza and V. J. Mathews, "Efficient adaptive identification of linear-in-the-parameters nonlinear filters using periodic input sequences," Signal Processing, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 1210-1220, May 2013. Published, 05/2013.
- M.A. Frankel, B.R. Dowden, V.J. Mathews, G.A. Clark, R.A. Normann, and S.G. Meek, "Multiple-Input Single-Output Closed-Loop Isometric Force Control Using Asynchronous Intrafascicular Multi-Electrode Stimulation," IEEE Tran. Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 325- 332, June 2011. Published, 06/2011.
- A. Pandey and V. J. Mathews, ``Offending frequency suppression with a reset algorithm to improve feedback cancellation in digital hearing aids," accepted for presentation at Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing, Prague, May 22-27, 2011. Published, 05/2011.
- A. Pandey and V. J. Mathews, "Low-delay signal processing for digital hearing aids,” IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Proc., vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 2287-2298, May 2011. Published, 05/2011.
- A. Carini, V. J. Mathews and G. L. Sicuranza, "Efficient NLMS and RLS algorithms for a class of nonlinear filters using periodic inputs," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing, Prague, May 22-27, 2011. Published, 05/2011.
- A. Pandey and V. J. Mathews, "Improving adaptive feedback cancellation through offending frequency suppression," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoustics, Speech, Signal Processing, Dallas, March 15-19, 2010. Published, 03/2010.
- P. C. Struijk, V. J. Mathews, T. Loupas, P. A. Stewart, E. B. Clark, E. A. P. Steegers and J. W. Wladimiro, \Blood Pressure Estimation in the Human Fetal Descending Aorta," Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 673-681, October 2008. Published, 2008.
- H. I. K. Rao, V. J. Mathews and Y.-C. Park, "A minimax approach for the joint design of acoustic crosstalk cancellation filters," IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2287 - 2298, Nov. 2007. Published, 11/2007.
- Y. Deng, V. J. Mathews and B. Farhang-Boroujeny, ``Low-Delay Nonuniform Pseudo QMF Banks with Application to Speech Enhancement", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 2110-2121, May 2007. Published, 05/2007.
- P. C. Struijk, K. L. Fernando, V. J. Mathews, E. A. P. Steegers, J. W. Wladimirroff, E. B. Clark and M. W. Varner, "Application of the Magnitude-Squared Coherence Function Between Uterine and Umbilical Flow Velcoity Waveforms for Predicting Placental Dysfunction: A Preliminary Study," Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1057-1063, 2007. Published, 2007.
- J. Jeraj and V. J. Mathews, ``Stochastic mean-square performance analysis of an adaptive Hammerstein filter," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 2168-2177, June 2006. Published, 06/2006.
- J. Jeraj and V. J. Mathews, ``A stable adaptive Hammerstein filter employing partial orthogonalization of the input signal," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1412-1420, April 2006. Published, 04/2006.
My research interests span digital signal processing and its applications, with particular emphasis on adaptive, nonlinear, and perceptual signal processing. The applications I am currently involved with include neural engineering and biomedical signal processing, structural health management for aerospace structures, and audio signal processing. More details can be found on my web site http://ipg.ece.utah.edu
- Structural Health Management
- Nonlinear Signal Processing
- Neural Prostheses
- Image Processing
- Hearing Aids
- Digital Signal Processing
- Audio Signal Processing
- Adaptive Filters