Professor, Economics Department
- Cihan Bilginsoy (2017). "Unemployment, the Great Recession and Apprenticeship Attrition in the U.S.". Journal of Vocational Education and Training.
- "Risking Life and Limb in the Global Economy: Scrap Metal Price and Landmine/UXO Incidents in Cambodia" World Development Perspectives.
- A History of Financial Crises: Dreams and Follies of Expectations, Abington, Oxon and New York: Routledge.
- "Union Wage Gap in the U.S. Construction Sector: 1983-2007" Industrial Relations.
- "Inter-state and Inter-industry Variations in Private Sector Union Density in the U.S." Journal of Labor Research (with Behroz Baraghoshi) (Published online November 12, 2012: http://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2Fs12122-012-9156-7).
- “Gender and Racial Training Gaps in Oregon Apprenticeship Programs,” Labor Studies Journal, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 221-244 (with Günseli Berik and Larry S. Williams).
- “Delivering Skills: Apprenticeship Program Sponsorship and Transition from Training,” Industrial Relations, October, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 738-765.
- “Still a Wedge in the Door: Women Training for the Construction Trades in the U.S.” International Journal of Manpower, July, Vol. 27, No.4, pp. 321-341 (with Günseli Berik).
- “How Unions Affect Minority Representation in Building Trades Apprenticeship Programs,” Journal of Labor Research, Summer, Vol.26, No. 3, pp. 453-463.
- “Living with Phenylketonuria: Perspectives of Patients and Their Families,” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, January, Vol. 28, pp. 639-649 (with Norman Waitzman, Claire O. Leonard and Sharon L. Ernst).
- “Registered Apprenticeship Training in the U.S. Construction Industry,” Education + Training, Vol. 47, No. 4/5, pp. 337-349 (with Robert W. Glover).
- “Wage Regulation and Training: The Impact of State Prevailing Wage Laws on Apprenticeship,” in Hamid Azari-Rad, Peter Philips and Mark J. Prus (eds.) The Economics of Prevailing Wage Laws, Aldershot, UK: Ashgate, pp.149-168.
- “The Hazards of Training: Attrition and Retention in Construction Industry Apprenticeship Programs,” Industrial and Labor Relations Review, October, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 54-67.
- “Unions and Women’s Training for the Skilled Trades in the United States,” The Review of Black Political Economy, Spring, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 97-122 (with Günseli Berik ).
- “Do Unions Help or Hinder Women in Training? Apprenticeship Programs in the United States,” Industrial Relations, October, Vol. 39, No.4, pp. 600-624 (with Günseli Berik).
- “Bid Dispersion, Competition, and Wage Regulation: Some Field Evidence from Public Contract Bidding in British Columbia,” Applied Economics, May, Vol. 32, No.6, pp. 717-722.
- “Type of Work Matters: Women’s Labor Force Participation and the Child Sex Ratio in Turkey,” World Development, May, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 861-878 (with Günseli Berik ).
- “Prevailing Wage Laws and School Construction Costs: Evidence from British Columbia,” Journal of Education Finance, Winter, Vol. 25, No.3, pp. 415-431 (with Peter Philips).
- “Labor Market Regulation and the Winner’s Curse,” Economic Inquiry, July, Vol.37, No.3, pp. 387-400.
- “A Macroeconomic Analysis of Agricultural Terms of Trade in Turkey: 1952-90,” The Journal of Development Studies, August, Vol.33, No.6, pp. 57-79.
- “Mining the Motherload of Numbers: A Close Look at This Year’s WMC Wage and Compensation Survey,” Reeves Journal, Vol. 77, No. 4, April, pp. 36-39 (with Peter Philips).
- "Dynamic Efficiencies of Industrialization and Growth: An Aggregative Approach" Economia Internazionale, February, Vol.50, No.1, pp. 85-98, (with S.R. Khan and S. Alam.
- “The Labor Movement in Turkey: Labor Pains, Maturity, Metamorphosis?” in Ellis Jay Goldberg (ed.) The Social History of Labor in the Middle East, Boulder, CO: Westview Press, pp. 37-64 (with G. Berik).
- “Quesnay's Tableau Economique: Analytics and Policy Implications,” Oxford Economic Papers, July, Vol.46, No.3, pp. 519-533.
- “Distributional Consequences of Public Industrial Enterprises,” Journal of Post-Keynesian Economics, Summer, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 563-587.
- “Cross-Sector Export ‘Externalities’ in Developing Countries,” Economics Letters, Vol.44, No.1-2, pp. 215-220 (with S.R. Khan).
- “Industry Externalities Revisited,” Kyklos, Vol.74, Fasc.1, pp. 67-80 (with S.R. Khan).
- “Inflation, Growth, and Import Bottlenecks in the Turkish Manufacturing Industry,” Journal of Development Economics, October, Vol.42, No.1, pp. 111-131.
- "Double, double toil and trouble: Recipes to brew financial crises," The Friends of the Marriott Library, Spring 2017 Sunday Books and Authors Series.
- "The State of Apprenticeship in Construction: A Descriptive Analysis," Labor and Employment Relations Association Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN.
- “The Great Recession and Apprenticeship Training in the U.S.,” Industry Studies Association Annual Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Panelist in The Big Short. Organized by the Department of Economics Undergraduate SAC.
- “The Great Recession and Apprenticeship Training in the U.S.” The Department of Economics CAKE Talk.
- “Finance in the Global Economy: Insights into Capital Development.” Panel organized by the department of Economics Undergraduate SAC.
- “Is Trade a Catalyst for Gender Wage Equality? The Case of Turkey,” IAFFE International Conference on Feminist Economics, Barcelona, Spain, June (with N. Aydiner-Avsar).
- “Gender and Racial Training Gaps in Oregon Apprenticeship Programs,” American Sociological Association Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA, June (with G. Berik and L.S. Williams).
- “Gender and Racial Training Gaps in Oregon Apprenticeship Programs,” IAFFE International Conference on Feminist Economics, Turin, Italy (with G. Berik and L.S. Williams).
- “Unions and Wage Gap in Construction Trades in the US,” Eastern Economic Association.
- “Women in Construction Trades in Apprenticeship Programs,” Eastern Economic Association Annual Meeting, New York, NY (with G. Berik).
- “How Unions Affect Minority Representation in Building Trades
Apprenticeship Programs,” WSSA Annual Conference, Salt Lake City.
- “Minority Representation in Skilled Occupations and Trade Unions: Evidence from Construction Trades Apprenticeship Programs,” IRRA Annual Conference, Atlanta GA.
- “Women Entering Apprenticeship Training,” IAFFE International Conference on Feminist Economics, Istanbul, August.
- “Toward Cost-reducing Technologies in Health Care, Macro and Microeconomic Considerations,” Chicago, July (with N. Waitzman, Q. Said and R. Huefner).
- “The Hazards of Apprenticeship,” ASSA Annual Meeting, Boston, January.