- “To Measure or To Narrate? Paths Toward a Sustainable Future” presented at the IAFFE Conference, Galway, Ireland . Conference Paper, Presented, 06/2016.
- “Making the Case for Gender Equality: Revisiting the Equity and Efficiency Arguments” IAFFE Conference, Galway, Ireland . Panel, Presented, 06/2016.
- “Feminist Approaches to Improving Working Conditions in International Value Chains: Unfinished Work” Roundtable: 20 years of Feminist Macroeconomics I; Reflection on the work of GEM-IWG, IAFFE Conference, Berlin. Conference Paper, Presented, 07/17/2015.
- Teaching with Wikipedia to Improve Public Scholarship About Feminist Economics, IAFFE Conference, Berlin, Roundtable. Presentation, Presented, 07/17/2015.
- “Feminist Debates on Labor Standards: The Case of Bangladesh,” presentation at the Globalization, Gender and Development Conference, University of Oregon, Eugene, USA . Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/24/2014.
- “Towards Feminist, Ecological, New Developmentalism: An Agenda for Collaboration” presentation at the annual conference of International Association for Feminist Economics, Accra, Ghana. Conference Paper, Presented, 06/27/2014.
- “Towards Feminist Ecological New Developmentalism: A Conversation on Ends and Means” presented at the Allied Social Science Association meetings, Philadelphia, USA. Conference Paper, Presented, 01/05/2014.
- “Genuine Progress Indicator: Toward GPI 2.0” (with Erica Gaddis), presentation at the First GPI Summit hosted by Governor O’Malley, Annapolis, Maryland.
- “The Recession’s Impact on Time Use of US Mothers and Fathers: A Trend Analysis” (with Ebru Kongar), presentation, IAFFE Annual Conference, Barcelona, Spain. Conference Paper, Presented, 06/28/2012.
- “Turning Research into an Article for Feminist Economics and other Scholarly Journals” (with Diana Strassmann) Roundtable presentation, IAFFE Annual Conference, Barcelona, Spain. Presentation, Presented, 06/28/2012.
- "International Trade and Gender: Theory and Empirical Studies" GEM-IWG (International Working Group on Gender, Macroeconomics and International Economics) workshop, Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/13/2011.
- “The Utah Genuine Progress Indicator Report – Results, Thoughts and Directions," UPEC Roundtable, Salt Lake City Main Library. Presentation, Presented, 09/28/2011.
- “Revisiting Debates on Gender and Trade,” Gender and Development: Where Are We Now? Panel, IAFFE Conference, Hangzhou, China. Conference Paper, Presented, 06/25/2011.
- "Turning Research into an Article," Writing Scholarly Articles and Publishing in Feminist Economics Roundtable, IAFFE Conference, Hangzhou, China. Presentation, Presented, 06/25/2011.
- “The Utah Genuine Progress Indicator—Relevance for Local Planning,” Envision Utah, Salt Lake City. Presentation, Presented, 06/01/2011.
- “The Utah Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI) 1990-2007,” Governor’s Quality Growth Commission, the Capitol, State of Utah. Presentation, Presented, 01/27/2011.
- "The Utah Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI), 1990 to 2007: A Report to the People of Utah," launch of the study report, Salt Lake City Main Library. Presentation, Presented, 01/19/2011.
- "Unpaid Household Labor in Hard Times:US Recession of 2007-2009," Allied Social Science Association meetings, Denver, USA . Conference Paper, Presented, 01/06/2011.
- "Sweatshop Ethics: The Debate over Global Labor Standards" in Questioning Minds series, Salt Lake City Main Library. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/14/2010.
- "Gender Aspects of Trade” at the International Labour Office, Geneva, Switzerland. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 12/15/2009.
- “Sweatshop Ethics: Gender and the Debate over Global Labor Standards,” invited lecture, The James Baker III Institute for Public Policy, Rice University. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 02/04/2009.
- “Revisiting the Feminist Debates on International Labor Standards in the Aftermath of Rana Plaza” Studies in Comparative International Development DOI 10.1007/s12116-017-9246-x. Published, 04/2017.
- “To Measure or To Narrate? Paths Toward a Sustainable Future” Feminist Economics special issue on Sustainability, Ecology, and Care. Revise/resubmit(1), 10/2016.
- “Structural Adjustment (Economic Reform)” in Nancy Naples ed., The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Gender and Sexuality Studies. Published, 05/2016.
- Review of Women and Austerity: The Economic Crisis and the Future for Gender Equality edited by Maria Karamessini and Jill Rubery, Routledge: Abington and New York, 2014, in Feminist Economics, Vol. 22, No. 2, 196-201. Published, 04/2016.
- Gender, Development, and Globalization: Economics as if All People Mattered (coauthored with Lourdes Beneria and Maria Floro), Routledge. Published, 07/2015.
- "Utah’s Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI)” (coauthored with Erica Gaddis), entry in Alex Michalos ed., Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer, pp. 6877-6881. Published, 08/2014.
- "Methodological developments in US state-level Genuine Progress Indicators: Towards GPI 2.0" (with Ken Bagstad and Erica Gaddis) Ecological Indicators, October 2014, vol. 45: 474-485.. Published, 08/2014.
- "Time Allocation of Married Mothers and Fathers in Hard Times: The 2007-09 US Recession" (with Ebru Kongar) Feminist Economics 19(3):208-23.
- "What's Macroeconomic Policy Got to Do with Gender Inequality?" Global Social Policy 12(2): 183-189. Published, 08/2012.
- “Time Use of Mothers and Fathers in Hard Times and Better Times: the U.S. Business Cycle of 2003-2010” (coauthored with Ebru Kongar), Levy Economics Institute Working Paper No. 696. http://www.levyinstitute.org/publications/?docid=1433. Published, 11/15/2011.
- "Gender Aspects of Trade," in Marion Jansen, Ralf Peters and Juan Manuel Salazar Xirinachs, Eds., Trade and Employment: From Myths to Facts” Geneva: International Labour Organization. Published, 10/2011.
- “Gender and Racial Training Gaps in Oregon Apprenticeship Programs” (coauthored with Cihan Bilginsoy and Larry Williams), Labor Studies Journal, 36 (2): 221 –244. Published, 04/2011.
- The Utah Genuine Progress Indicator (GPI) 1990-2007: A Report to the People of Utah, (couthored with Erica Gaddis). http://www.utahpop.org/gpi.html. Released, 01/19/2011.
- Inequality, Development and Growth (co-edited with Yana Rodgers and Stephanie Seguino), Routledge. (previously published as special Issue of Feminist Economics 15 (3) July 2009). Published, 01/2011.
- “An Investment that Pays off: Promoting Gender Equality as a Means to Finance Development,” (coauthored with Yana Rodgers and Stephanie Seguino), FES Gender Study, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Berlin.
- “Bangladesh’s Ready-Made Garments Sector: Exports, Employment, and Working Conditions” (coauthored with Yana Rodgers) Journal of Bangladesh Studies, Vol. 11, no. 2, 2009, pp 1-19. Published, 02/01/2010.
- “Options for Enforcing Labor Standards: Lessons from Bangladesh and Cambodia” (with Yana Rodgers) Journal of International Development, 22: 56-85. Published, 01/2010.
- “Feminist Economics of Inequality, Development and Growth” in Feminist Economics, 15 (3): 1-33 (coauthored with Yana Rodgers and Stephanie Seguino).
- China’s Transition and Feminist Economics, Beijing: Economic Science Press, 2009. (Chinese translation of Gender, China and the WTO, Special Issue of Feminist Economics (guest edited with Xiao-yuan Dong and Gale Summerfield) 13 (3-4) July/October). Published, 07/2009.
- “Labor Standards” in Jan Peil and Irene van Staveren, eds. Handbook of Economics and Ethics, Cheltenham UK and Northampton MA, US: Edward Elgar. Published, 04/2009.
- Gender, China and the WTO (co-edited with Xiao-yuan Dong and Gale Summerfield) Routledge. (previously published as the Special Issue of Feminist Economics 13 (3-4) July/October 2007). Published, 2009.