Professor, Elect & Computer Engineering
Co-Founder , LiveWire Innovation
- Rocky Vista University (RVU) -- St. George, Utah.
Executive Advisory Committee.
05/01/2020 - present
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (APS).
Role: Technical Program Committee Co-Chair.
Technical Program Committee Co-Chair (with Karl Warnick (BYU) and Andy Chrysler (Idaho State University)) for the IEEE APS-URSI Symposium 2023, to be held in Portland, OR.
03/02/2020 - 07/31/2023
- Sensors (journal).
Special Issue on RF Sensors: Design, Optimization and Applications. https://www.mdpi.com/journal/sensors/special_issues/RFsensors#editors.
02/15/2020 - 03/15/2021
Role: Associate Editor.
Transactions on Antennas and Propagation (IEEE-TAP).
12/01/2019 - present
- IEEE Sensors Journal.
Special Issue on Embedded Sensors for Fault Diagnosis in Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems,
Power Grids, Structural Cables, Pipelines, and Electrical Machines (March 2020)See https://ieee-sensors.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/CFPEmbedded_Sensors_for_Fault_Diagnosis.pdf .
02/01/2019 - 03/31/2020
Honors & Awards
- The Chen-To Tai Distinguished Educator Award was established in 2000 by the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society to recognize outstanding career achievements by a distinguished educator in the field of antennas and propagation. The criteria include: Excellence in teaching; Involvement with and direction of students to prepare them for effective careers in electromagnetics; Curriculum development with inclusion of current research and knowledge that reflects the state of the art in courses; Authorship of research and course material.
IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society,
- University of Utah Distinguished Teaching Award honors significant contributions to the teaching mission of the University of Utah. Up to five faculty members will be recognized as outstanding teachers. A nominee for the Distinguished Teaching Award must maintain a consistent record of outstanding teaching performance and implement effective and innovative teaching methods which demonstrate exceptional abilities to motivate student learning....show a concern for students and their wider education as well as their career preparation and must also contribute to the educational process outside of the classroom (curriculum planning, supervision of programs, development of community programs, etc.).
University of Utah,
- 2017 Governor’s Medal for Science and Technology.
Utah Governor's Medal,
- 2016 Days of ’47 Pioneers of Progress Award .
Days of '47,
National Academy of Inventors,
- Distinguished Teaching Award.
Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Utah,
- Engineering Educator of the Year.
Utah Engineering Council (UEC),
- ASUU Student Choice Award for contributions to the teaching profession.
- HEWLETT-PACKARD/HARRIETT B. RIGAS AWARD recognizes outstanding faculty women who have made significant contributions to electrical/computer engineering education through excellence in teaching, encouraging and supporting increased participation of women in electrical/computer engineering, demonstrated scholarship/research, development of educational technology which enhances student learning, and/or service to the engineering profession.
IEEE Education Society,
- Reynolds Lecturer: Bioelectronics and the Bionic Age -- How Electronics Touch our Hearts and Minds.
University of Utah,
- Education Excellence:
Women Tech Council ,
- Finalist, Stoel Rives Utah Innovation Awards, Computer and Electronics Division, LiveWire Test Labs, Inc., 2008.
Stoel Rives Utah Innovation Awards,
- Distinguished Young Alumnus.
University of Utah Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, ,
- Outstanding Teaching Award.
University of Utah College of Engineering,
- University of Utah Faculty Senate Advisory Committee on University Strategic Planning.
Member, through 2013,
06/2020 - present.
- TCIC: Transforming Classrooms as Integrated Communities.
faculty member of the steering and organizing committee,
01/01/2017 - 05/03/2019.
- Entrepreneurial Faculty Scholars (EFS) Executive Committee.
03/15/2015 - present.
- College of Engingeering (COE) Women's Advisory Committee .
08/2012 - present.
- General Chair, Utah RF & Wireless Day (2017, 2020).
09/13/2017 - present
- Girl Scout Night (annual event).
03/2008 - 03/2012
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Fellow, Member, Past Adcom Member, Past Chair of Education Committee,
05/1984 - present
American Society for Engineering Education
12/15/1997 - present
Society of Women Engineers
12/15/1997 - present
LiveWire Innovation (livewiretest.com)
06/2000 - present
- Antarctic Outreach: blog, teacher assist, skype with K12 classes, etc. http://cfurse.wordpress.com.
08/2010 - present
In the Media