- X-ray diffraction
- Transmission Electron microscopy
- Thermoelectric materials
- THz and UV Plasmonics
- Single Crystal Growth
- Powder Metallurgy
- Plasmonics/ Plasmonic materials
- Physical Metallurgy
- Materials processing
- Materials Engineering
- Magnetostrictive alloys
- Magnetic Materials
- Food, Energy and Water Security
- Energy harvesting and energy storage
- Emmanuel Lotubai, Undergraduate Student. REFUGES summer science bridge program . 08/2013 - present. Awards/Scholarships/Stipends: Undergraduate student from REFUGES summer science bridge program .
- Daniel Azbill, Undergraduate Student. Metallurgical Engineering . 08/2013 - 08/30/2015. Awards/Scholarships/Stipends: Undergraduate Research Assistantship under NASA Grant .
- kanagasundar Appusamy, Graduate Student. Metallurgical Engineering. 08/2012 - present. Awards/Scholarships/Stipends: Cooper Hansen fellowship Graduate Research assistantship on NSF and NSF_MRSEC Grants .
- Jinqi Wang, Shuchang Liu, Sivaraman Guruswamy and Ajay Nahata, Free-standing terahertz metamaterial fabricated via injection molding, 39th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz waves (IRMMW-THz) presented September 18, 2014. Conference Paper, Presented, 09/18/2014.
Geographical Regions of Interest
- R.A. Laroche & S. Guruswamy (2020). Influence of Ga content and high temperature annealing on the SRO and magnetostriction of Fe–Ga single crystals. Journal of Applied Physics. Vol. 128, 195102. Published, 12/2020.
- R.A. Laroche & S. Guruswmay (2020). Quantitative determination of short-range order in magnetostrictive Fe-12.5 at. % Ga alloy single crystals. AIP Advances. Vol. 10, 095203. Published, 09/2020.
- Frank Goodwin & , Sivaraman Guruswamy and Hans Warlimont (2018). Chapter 15 Lead and Lead Alloys, in Springer Handbook of Materials Data . Springer. Published, 10/2018.
- Jieying Mao & Yunshan Wang, Kanagasundar Appusamy, Sivaraman Guruswamy,; Steve Blair (2018). Effect of Ga implantation and hole geometry on light transmission through nanohole arrays in Al and Mg. J. Phys. Chem. C. Vol. 122, 0535-10544. Published, 10/2018.
- Ting Zhang & Yunshan Wang, Kanagasundar Appusamy, Bing Huang, Jinqi Wang, Feng Liu, Steve Blair, Sivaraman Guruswamy and Ajay Nahata (2017). Gallium Platinum Alloys – A New Material System for UV Plasmonics. Optical Materials Express. Vol. 7 294948, 294948. Published, 08/2017.
- Yunshan Wang & Wang, Yunshan; Peterson, Eric; Harris, Joel; Appusamy , Kanagasundar ; Guruswamy, SivaramanBlair, Steve (2017). Modification of UV fluorescence emission by aluminum and magnesium nanoapertures. J. Phys. Chem. C. Vol. 121, 11650-11657. Published, 05/2017.
- Pankaj Kumar & Swomitra K. Mohanty, S. Guruswamy, York R. Smith and Mano Misra (2017). Detection of Food Decay Products using Functionalized One-Dimensional Titania Nanotubular Arrays. IEEE Sensors Letters. Vol. 1, 4500704. Published, 04/2017.
- K. Appusamy, M. Swartz, S, Blair, A. Nahata, J. Shumaker-Parry, and S. Guruswamy, “Influence of Aluminum Content on Plasmonic Behavior of Mg-Al Alloy Thin Films”, Optical Materials Express (2016) 270798. Published, 10/2016.
- Yunshan Wang ; Xiaojin Jiao ; Eric M. Peterson ; Joel M. Harris ; Kanagasundar Appusamy ; Sivaraman Guruswamy ; Steve Blair, UV fluorescence lifetime modification by aluminum and magnesium nanoapertures, , Proc. SPIE 9926, UV and Higher Energy Photonics: From Materials to Applications, 99260I (September 15, 2016); doi:10.1117/12.2237873. Published, 09/2016.
- Jieying Mao ; Yunshan Wang ; Kanagasundar Appusamy ; Sivaraman Guruswamy ; Steve Blair, UV-visible transmission through nanohole arrays in aluminum and magnesium, Proc. SPIE 9921, Plasmonics: Design, Materials, Fabrication, Characterization, and Applications XIV, 99212Z (September 17, 2016); doi:10.1117/12.2237970. Published, 09/2016.
- K. Appusamy, X. Jiao, S. Blair, A. Nahata, and S. Guruswamy, Mg Thin Films with Al seed layers for UV plasmonics, J Phys. D, 48, 184009 (2015). Published, 04/11/2015.
- J. Wang, K. Appusamy, S. Guruswamy, and A. Nahata, Electrolytic reduction of liquid metal oxides and its application to reconfigurable terhertz metamaterials, Scientific Reports, 5, 8637 (2015). DOI:10.1038/Srep08637. Published, 03/02/2015.
- Jinqi Wang, Shuchang Liu, Sivaraman Guruswamy, and Ajay Nahata, Injecion mlding pof free standig three dimensional all metal metamaterilals, Advanced Optical Mateials, 2014, 2, 663-669. Published, 04/17/2014.
- Barun Gupta, Shashank Pandey, Sivaraman Guruswamy, and Ajay Nahata, Terahertz plasmonic structures based on spatially varying conductivitis; Advanced Optical Materials, 2, 565-571 (2014). Published, 03/07/2014.
- J. Wang, S. Liu, S. Guruswamy and A. Nahata, Reconfigurable metamaterrial device with pressure memory, Optic Express 22 (4) (201) 4065-4074. Published, 02/13/2014.
- Kanagasundar Appusamy, Steve Blair, Ajay Nahata, and Sivaraman Guruswamy, Low-Loss Magnesium Films for Plasmonics, Materials Science and Engineering B, 181 (2014) 77– 85. Published, 02/01/2014.
- J. Wang, S Liu, S. Guruswamy and A. Nahata, “Reconfigurable liquid metal based terahertz metamaterials via selective erasure and refilling to the unit cell level,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 221116 (2013). Published, 12/2013.
- B. Saha, M. Ramanathan, C. Ren, K. Appusamy, M. K. McCarter, S. Guruswamy, R. Cook and D.J. Miller, Acoustic Emission and Changes in Dislocation Structure and Magnetostriction Accompanying Plastic Deformation of -Oriented Fe-Ga Alloy Single Crystals, Journal of Applied Physics, 114, 223910 (2013). Published, 12/2013.
- Meenakshisundaram Ramanathan1, Biswadeep Saha, Chai Ren, Sivaraman Guruswamy, and Michael McCarter, Effect of Hydrogen and Magnetic Field on the Mechanical Behavior of Magnetostrictive Iron-Gallium Alloy Single Crystal, Materials Science and Engineering A, . Vol. 578, Pages 54-61.(2013). Published, 08/20/2013.
- Anne Marie J Schaeffer, Matthew C DeLong, Zachary W Anderson, William B Talmadge, Sivaraman Guruswamy and Shanti Deemyad, Superconductivity of BaLi4 under pressure, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 25 (2013) 375701. Published, 08/2013.
- Meenakshisundaram Ramanathan, Biswadeep Saha, Chai Ren, Sivaraman Guruswamy, and Michael McCarter, Effect of Hydrogen and Magnetic Field on the Mechanical Behavior of HighStrength AISI430 Seel,Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance,V 22 (2013) pp ,1028-1034. Published, 04/2013.
- Biswadeep Saha, Meenakshisundaram Ramanathan, Chai Ren, and Sivaraman Guruswamy, Influence of plastic deformation on the magnetostrictive behavior of -oriented Fe–Ga alloy single crystals, J. App. Phys. 111, 043911 (2012). Published, 02/15/2012.
- S. Guruswamy, G. Garside, C. Ren, B. Saha, M. Ramanathan, Ordering and magnetostriction in Fe alloy single crystals, Prog. in Crystal Growth and Characterization of Materials 57 (2011) 43-64. Published, 08/26/2011.
- Chai Ren, Gavin Garside, Biswadeep Saha, Meenakshisundaram Ramanathan, and Sivaraman Guruswamy, "Investigation of DO3 and B2 Type Ordering in Quenched Magnetostrictive Fe-27.5 at.%Ga Alloy Single Crystals", Proc. of Magnetic Materials for Energy Applications Symposium, Editors: Victorino Franco, Oliver Gutfleisch, Kazuhiro Hono, and Paul Ohodnicki, 2011 TMS Annual Meeting, The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS_AIME), Warrendale,PA (2011). Published, 03/2011.