Associate Professor, History
Associate Editor, Journal Late Imperial China, Late Imperial China
Co-Director, The Society for QIng Studies, The Society for Qing Studies
Director Asian Studies Program
- The Association for Asian Studies.
Joseph Levenson Book Prize Committee .
05/01/2017 - 05/01/2019
- Late Imperial China.
Role: journal policy, submission review.
Editorial Board member.
01/01/2013 - present
- Executive Committee.
07/2020 - 06/2021.
- Asia Center Advisory Board.
07/2019 - present.
- Distinguished Scholarship Committee, Office of Undergraduate Studies.
07/2019 - 06/2020.
- University Advisory Council on Teacher Education (UACTE).
07/2018 - present.
- Chair, Pacific Islander History Search Committee, History Department, 2016-7
09/2016 - 03/2017.
- Internal Review Committee for Graduate Council Review, Economics Department, University of Utah, February 2016
02/2016 - 04/2016.
- Global U Council.
09/2014 - present.
- Task Force on Centers, Bureaus and Institutes.
09/2013 - 06/2015.
- Southeast Asian History Search Committee.
09/2013 - 05/2014.
- Undergraduate Committee.
08/2013 - 05/2014.
- Graduate Committee.
09/2012 - 05/2013.
- Co-Organizer (with Rebecca Horn), Workshop Series for Utah AP Art History Teachers, 2015-ongoing
01/2015 - 12/2015
Co-Organizer (with Kim Korinek, Sociology Department), Mekong Region Development Research Group Grant Writing Workshop and Retreat, Institute of Population and Social Research, Mahidol University, Thailand, December 14-18, 2015.
12/2015 - 12/2015
- Co-Organizer (with Kim Korinek, Sociology Department), Mekong Region Development Research Group Workshop: Demographic Data and Techniques, Using Resources and Methods from IPUMS and REVES, Southern Institute for Social Science, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, May 28-30, 2015.
05/2015 - 05/2015
Honors & Awards
- Humanities Distinguished Faculty Service Award, 2018.
University of Utah College of Humanities,
- Award for Global Engagement.
Office of Global Engagement, University of Utah,
- Fellow, ongoing status.
National Committee on U.S.-China Relations,
In the Media