Distinguished Professor, Metallurgical Engineering
Ivor D. Thomas Professor (Endowed Chair), Metallurgical Engineering
- Canadian Centre for Clean Coal/Carbon & Mineral Processing Technologies.
Review of a proposal submitted to the centre.
12/2016 - 12/2016
- University of Utah.
Review of a Seed Grant proposal.
11/2016 - 11/2016
- International Mineral Processing Congress (IMPC).
Review of 5 papers submitted for presentation at IMPC 2016, September 2016, Quebec City, Canada.
02/2016 - 04/2016
- Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Role: Invited Member of Assessment Review Committee.
Institute of Process Engineering (IPE), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PR China.
10/25/2014 - 10/30/2014
Honors & Awards
- The award, presented by President Xi Jinping at a special ceremony in the Great Hall, was in recognition for Miller's cooperation in education and research with Chinese universities and research institutions on the processing of energy and mineral resources.
P.R. China International Science and Technology Cooperation Award,
- Lifetime Achievement Award.
International Mineral Processing Congress (XXIX IMPC) 2018,
- Foreign Experts Friendship Award.
Yunnan Foreign Experts Administration, Kunming,Yunnan, China,
- Faculty Recognition Award for contributions to students' career development and exploration.
University of Utah Career Services,
- Taggart Best Paper Award for the paper, "Opportunities for Plant-site 3D Coarse Particle Characterization with Automated High-Speed X-ray Tomography," J.D. Miller and C.L. Lin.
- Surface Innovations Prize - recognition for best paper in journal in 2015 ("Molecular Features of Water Films Created with Bubbles at Silica Surfaces," X. Wang, X. Yin, J. Nalaskowski, H. Du, J.D. Miller).
Institution of Civil Engineers,
- Rosenblatt Prize for Excellence, University of Utah’s most prestigious award presented annually to a faculty member who displays excellence in teaching, research and administrative efforts, 2015.
University of Utah,
- 2014 NAI Fellow - Induction at the 4th Annual Conference of the National Academy of Inventors, Pasadena, CA, March 2015.
National Academy of Inventors,
- Milton E. Wadsworth 2012 Award presented at SME Annual Meeting, Denver, Colorado.
- Honorary Professor Appointment.
Qinghai University, School of Chemical Engineering, Qinghai Province,
- X-ray Micro CT for 3D Characterization, Analysis and Simulation of Multiphase Systems, John & Virginia Towers Distinguished Lecture.
Materials Science and Engineering Dept, Michigan Technological University,