Org Ldrshp & ChangeLocation: GC 4150 (GC 4150), GC 4150 (GC 4150)
- American Society for Public Administration - Section on Excellence in Public Administration in the Middle East. 03/2016 - 03/2018. Position : Secretary and Member of the Executive Council.
- Utah Nonprofits Association. 01/2016 - 01/2017. Position : Chair of the Board of Directors, and member.
- Other Universities. 05/01/2015 - 12/01/2015. Position : External reviewer for faculty promotions.
- American Society for Public Administration - Utah Chapter. 03/2015 - 03/2018. Position : Secretary and Member.
- Southern Utah University, College of Humanities & Social Science. 02/01/2015 - 04/15/2015. Position : External reviewer.
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA). 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015. Position : Site Visit Team Chair; Mentor, Section Council Member.
- International Social Work, Public Administration Review, Public Performance & Management Review, Public Organization Review. 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015. Position : manuscript reviewer.
- Review of Public Personnel Administration. 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015. Position : Editorial Board.
- Public Performance & Management Review. 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015. Position : Editorial Board.
- Public Organization Review. 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015. Position : Editorial Board.
- American Society for Public Administration. 01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015. Position : Member, Section Executive Committee, Chapter Council Secretary.
- Utah Nonprofits Association. 01/16/2013 - 12/31/2015. Position : Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Chair-Elect.
EMPA 599 - Zayed Univ
Capstone Seminar in Public Administration
The integrative final course for the MPA program. Students participate in the analyses of case studies the define the field of public administration.
EMPA 511, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Strategic Leadership for Organization Improvement
Theories, practices, and straegies for designing, implementing, and assessing organizational changes and their effects on productivity and performance. Organizational diagnosis is the integrating theme.
The Nonprofit Sector and NGOs
An overview of the nonprofit sector, its scope, structure, values, distinct contributions to society, place in the government service delivery systems, and public policy issues that affect it.
Capstone Seminar - MPA
The integrative final core-course requirement for the MPA program. Provides opportunities for students to (1) review and synthesize information, concepts, issues problems, and ideas from across the field of public administration; (2) to apply theories, principles, and skills to real-world cases in public and nonprofit administration; and (3) to evaluate students' abilities to cfritically analyze cases and make decisions.
- Plan for a MPA program at American University of Afghanistan. Project Lead: Ott. Collaborators: AUAF faculty and administrators. contract 12/2017 - 02/2018.
- Develop a graduate course to be co-taught w/ the U's Medical School. Project Lead: Juan Carlos Negrette, Director, Global Health Initiative. None 07/2016 - 12/2017. Total Budget: $0.00.
- Develop a graduate course to be co-taught at UofU and SUU via IVC. Project Lead: Ravi Roy, Assistant Professor, Southern Utah University. 04/2016 - 04/2017. Total Budget: $0.00.
- Development, testing, and implementation of a grading rubric for case study analyses for use in the MPA Capstone Seminar. Analyses of the rubric are being used to inform faculty. Project Lead: Ott. Collaborators: R.. Green, C. Simon, L. Svedin. o 03/2012 - 12/31/2016. Total Budget: $0.00.