- Korkut Erturk (2020). Collective Action, Opportunism and Class Agency Under Ineffective State Enforcement. Journal of Institutional Economics. Accepted, 09/20/2020.
- Korkut Erturk (2020). The Economic Discourse on Income Inequality – how and why it has changed since the 1980s?. von Arnim, R. & J. Stiglitz (eds.) The Great Polarization: Economics, Institutions and Policies in the Age of Inequality. California University Press.. Accepted, 08/01/2020.
- Korkut Erturk & Jake Jennings (2020). Debt and Financial Sentiment . Quarterly Journal of Economic Research. Vol. 89, 45-58. Published, 03/2020.
- Korkut Erturk (2020). Elite Collective Agency and the State. Journal of Institutional Economics. Vol. 16, 13-24. Published, 02/2020.
- Korkut Erturk (2019). Induced Technology Hypothesis. Review of Social Economy. Published, 08/11/2019.
- "Climate Change, Procrastination and Asymmetric Power" (co-authored with Jason Whittle) World Economic Review, 5: 1-19. Published, 07/10/2015.
- "The Decline of Traditional Banking and Endogenous Money" (co-authored with Gokcer Ozgur). In G. Epstein, T. Schlesinger & M. Vernengo (eds.) Banking, Monetary Policy and Political Economy of Financial Regulation: Essays in Honor of Jane Webb D'Arista. Edward Elgar. Published, 03/01/2014.
- "Endogenous Money in the Age of Financial Liberalization." ((Co-authored with Gokcer Ozgur) Review of Political Economy. Published, 03/2013.
- "Free Markets Bad for Your Health." (co-authored with David Keller) Op-Ed article, Salt Lake Tribune, Feb 23, 2013. Published, 02/23/2013.
- "International Monetary System: Problems and Proposals," (Co-auhored with Jane D'Arista) in M. Wolfson & G. Epstein (eds.) The Handbook of the Political Economy of the Financial Crisis. Oxford University Press. Published, 01/2013.
- "The Breakdown of Capacity for Collective Agency: The Leitmotif of Our Times", Real-World Economics Review, No. 62, December. Published, 12/2012.
My main research interest centers on issues related to financial and international macroeconomics, business cycles and growth and development.
- "Early Keynes on Financial Sentiment" with (Jake Jennings) - URPE session in Eastern Economics Association Conference, Boston. Conference Paper, Presented, 02/28/2020.
- "Debt and Financial Sentiment" - International Conference 'Minsky at 100. Revisiting Financial Instability' held at Universita Cattolico del Sacro Cuore, Milan - Italy. Conference Paper, Presented, 12/16/2019.
- “How Does the Ruling Class Act in Its Collective Interest? The Elite Cohesion and State Power.” 29th European Association for Evolutionary Political Economy Conference at Corvinus University of Budapest. Conference Paper, Presented, 10/19/2017.
- Roundtable on the Future of Capitalism, Hinckley Institute, University of Utah.
- "The Predatory State and Elite Cohesion." International Conference on the Political Economy of Democracy and Dictatorship, University of Munster, Germany . Conference Paper, Presented, 02/23/2017.
- “Private Rent Seeking and Asymmetric Power.” International Confederation of Associations for Pluralism in Economics (ICAPE) Chicago. Conference Paper, Presented, 01/05/2017.
- “Rent Seeking and Failure of Collective Agency in the Age of Free Markets” World Interdisciplinary Network for institutional Research (WINIR) Boston. Conference Paper, Presented, 09/03/2016.
- Theory of the State Revisited, Department of Economics, Colorado State University. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 04/18/2014.
- Crisis of Theory? The History of Radical Political-Economy in US Universities, Organized by HESA. Panel, Presented, 11/22/2013.
- Finance in the Global Economy, Hinckley Institute Forum. Panel, Presented, 04/17/2013.
- How Non-mainstream Ideas can Help Prevent Market Failures in Education, Health and the Law. The Law and Economics Club, Bringham Young University, Law School. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/22/2012.
- "Review and Assessment: Perspectives From an Academic Economist." Center for the Study of Ethics, Utah Valley University. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 10/26/2011.
- Plenary Panel Discussion. Ethics Awareness Week 2011, Center for the Study of Ethics, Utah Valley University. Panel, Presented, 10/26/2011.
- "Heterodox Lessons from the Crisis.” Invited HESA Paper Presentation, Department of Economics, University of Utah. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 12/03/2010.
- Invited Paper Presentation: “Governance and Asymmetric Power,” Conference on Economic Governance Institutions: Economic Outcomes and the Crisis, University of Greenwich, London. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 06/04/2010.
- Invited Presentation: “Lessons from the Crisis.” Conference on The Effect of the Crisis on Distribution, organized by New School for Social Research Students, New York. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/05/2010.
- Invited Presentation: “Rethinking the Individual-Society Nexus,” New Economics as ‘Mainstream’ Economics, organized by the Cambridge Trust for New Thinking in Economics, Marry Edwards College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK. Invited Talk/Keynote, Accepted, 01/28/2010.
- Paper Presentation: “The Risk of Global Deflation.” URPE session at the ASSA Meetings, Atlanta. Conference Paper, Presented, 01/03/2010.
- Paper Presentation: “The Monetary Threat to the Global Economy.” The 13th Conference of the Research Network Macroeconomics and Macroeconomic Policiies (FMM), titled, The World Economy in Crisis – The Return to Keynesianism? Berlin. Conference Paper, Presented, 10/30/2009.
- Invited Presentation: “Is the Global Economy Out of The Woods Yet? If Not Why Not?” Forum for Questioning Minds, Salt Lake City. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 09/13/2009.
- Panelist, Discussion on What Unifies Heterodox Economics, organized by HESA (Heterodox Economics Students’ Association) Economics Department, University of Utah. Panel, Presented, 03/27/2009.
- Invited Set of Lectures: The ‘Ethics and Policy Implications of Free Market Economics,’ Center for the Study of Ethics, Utah Valley University. Invited Talk/Keynote, Presented, 03/04/2009.
- Paper Presentation: “The Impasse Ahead,” Eastern Economic Association Meetings, New York. Conference Paper, Presented, 02/27/2009.
- Paper Presentation: “Globalization and Social Fragmentation: Taking Stock of Post-Walrasian Economics” The Association for Evolutionary Economics, ASSA Annual Meetings, San Francisco. Conference Paper, Presented, 01/02/2009.
Geographical Regions of Interest