- “Reading as Kissing, Sex with Ideas: ‘Lesbian’ Barebacking?”
journal-style article accepted for the series No Crisis by the Los Angeles Review of Books,
to appear in Spring 2015.
- “Monstrously Yours? Afterword”
in Monstrous Children and Childish Monsters, ed. Markus P.J. Bohlmann and Sean
Moreland, McFarland, forthcoming, Summer 2015 .
In press, 11/2014.
- “Surfacing in the Heat of Reading: Is It Like Kissing or Some Other Sex Act?”
J19 (The Journal of Nineteenth-Century Americanists), forthcoming, Volume 3, Spring 2015.
In press, 11/2014.
- “Is It in Your Body?”
in Princeton Pocket Instructor on Literature, ed. William Gleason and Diana Fuss, Princeton University Press, forthcoming Summer 2015.
In press, 10/2014.
- “The Queer Child Now and Its Global, Paradoxical Effects”
under review at GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies .
- “We’ll Be Happy, When? Affects, Orgasms, Singles, and Objects in Queer Theory”
The Year’s Work in Critical and Cultural Theory, Vol. 22, 2014: 104-130, Oxford University Press.
- "Somewhere a Child is Desiring You: A Thought Experiment for Those Not in Need"
Invited essay for special issue, "The Child Now," in GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies (the premier journal for queer theory in the world).
In progress, 12/2013.
- "Sexual Origami"
Essay Review of Annamarie Jagose, Orgasmology
(Durham: Duke University Press), 2013
- "We'll Be Happy, When? Affects, Orgasms, Singles, and Objects in Queer Theory"
Article solicited in conjunction with my position as annual author for year’s work in sexuality studies, Oxford University,
The Year’s Work in Critical and Cultural Theory (three-year commitment, starting 2014); will submit in late February
In progress, 11/2013.
- "Tone on the Range: What to Make of Cruel Optimism?"
Social Text, http://www.socialtextjournal.org/periscope/cruel-optimism/ .
- "Toeholds and Sticking Points"
Review of Stephanie Harzewski, Chick Lit and Postfeminism
NOVEL, Volume 45, Number 3, Fall 2012.
- Review of Robin Bernstein, Racial Innocence: Performing American Childhood from Slavery to Civil Rights
Modern Drama, Volume 55, Number 4, Winter 2012.
- “Rhythm: Secular Feelings, Religious Feelings”
(in Queer Times, Queer Becomings, ed. E. L. McCallum and Mikko Tuhkanen, SUNY Press, 2011).
- "Toeholds and Sticking Points": Review of Stephanie Harzewski's Chick Lit and Postfeminism, in NOVEL: A Forum for Fiction.
In press, 09/2011.
- "Afterword" (forthcoming in Reading Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick: Gender, Sexuality, Embodiment, ed. Michael O'Rourke, Routledge).
- "Kid Orientalism: African-American HIV Children v. the Children of World Documentaries" (solicited by the editor of Screen).
- “The Queerness of Race and Same-Sex Desire”
(in the Cambridge Companion to Gay and Lesbian Writing, ed. Hugh Stevens, Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- “LOST, or ‘Exit, Pursued by a Bear’: Causing Queer Children on Shakespeare’s TV”
(in Shakesqueer, ed. Madhavi Menon, Duke University Press, 2010).
- “Jouissance, the Gash of Bliss”
(forthcoming in Clinical Encounters: Psychoanalytic Practice and Queer Theory, eds. Noreen Giffney and Eve Watson).
- The Queer Child, or Growing Sideways in the Twentieth Century (Duke University Press, Series Q, 2009).
- "Being and Becoming Animal and Modern," review of Atavistic Tendencies by Dana Seitler (University of Minnesota Press), in Criticism (an academic journal).