Interim Associate Vice President Equity and Diversity
Distinguished Professor, English
- "What is the Now, Even of Then?" forthcoming, GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, Fall 2016.
- "Reading as Kissing, Sex with Ideas: 'Lesbian' Barebacking?" "The 'No Crisis' Issue," Los Angeles Review of Books Quarterly Journal, Fall 2015.
- Special Journal Issue on "The Child Now" forthcoming, GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, Fall 2016.
- “The Queer Child Now and Its Paradoxical Global Effects” forthcoming, GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, Fall 2016.
- "Where Is Queer? In the Neighborhood, the Gesture, the Drug, the Word?" The Year's Work in Critical and Cultural Theory, forthcoming Fall 2016, Oxford University Press.
- “Is It in Your Body?” in Princeton Pocket Instructor on Literature, ed. William Gleason and Diana Fuss, Princeton University Press, 2015.
- “Monstrously Yours? Afterword” in Monstrous Children and Childish Monsters: Essays on Cinema's Holy Terrors, ed. Markus P.J. Bohlmann and Sean Moreland, McFarland, 2015.
- "If Queer Children Were a Video Game" forthcoming in Queer Game Studies, ed. Ben Aslinger, Bonnie Ruberg, and Adrienne Shaw University of Minnesota Press.
- “Reading as Kissing, Sex with Ideas: ‘Lesbian’ Barebacking?” journal-style article accepted for the series No Crisis by the Los Angeles Review of Books, appeared online, 2015.
- “Surfacing (in the Heat of Reading): Is It Like Kissing or Some Other Sex Act?” J19 (The Journal of Nineteenth-Century Americanists), Volume 3, Spring 2015.
- “We’ll Be Happy, When? Affects, Orgasms, Singles, and Objects in Queer Theory” The Year’s Work in Critical and Cultural Theory, Vol. 22, 2014: 104-130, Oxford University Press.
- "Sexual Origami" Essay Review of Annamarie Jagose, Orgasmology (Durham: Duke University Press), 2013.
- "Tone on the Range: What to Make of Cruel Optimism?" Social Text, http://www.socialtextjournal.org/periscope/cruel-optimism/.
- "Toeholds and Sticking Points" Review of Stephanie Harzewski, Chick Lit and Postfeminism NOVEL, Volume 45, Number 3, Fall 2012.
- Review of Robin Bernstein, Racial Innocence: Performing American Childhood from Slavery to Civil Rights Modern Drama, Volume 55, Number 4, Winter 2012.
- “Rhythm: Secular Feelings, Religious Feelings” (in Queer Times, Queer Becomings, ed. E. L. McCallum and Mikko Tuhkanen, SUNY Press, 2011).
- "Toeholds and Sticking Points": Review of Stephanie Harzewski's Chick Lit and Postfeminism, in NOVEL: A Forum for Fiction.
In press, 09/2011.
- "Afterword" (forthcoming in Reading Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick: Gender, Sexuality, Embodiment, ed. Michael O'Rourke, Routledge).
- “The Queerness of Race and Same-Sex Desire” (in the Cambridge Companion to Gay and Lesbian Writing, ed. Hugh Stevens, Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- “LOST, or ‘Exit, Pursued by a Bear’: Causing Queer Children on Shakespeare’s TV” (in Shakesqueer, ed. Madhavi Menon, Duke University Press, 2010).
- “Jouissance, the Gash of Bliss” (forthcoming in Clinical Encounters: Psychoanalytic Practice and Queer Theory, eds. Noreen Giffney and Eve Watson).
- The Queer Child, or Growing Sideways in the Twentieth Century (Duke University Press, Series Q, 2009).
- "Being and Becoming Animal and Modern," review of Atavistic Tendencies by Dana Seitler (University of Minnesota Press), in Criticism (an academic journal).