Internship Coordinator, Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Instructor (Lecturer), Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Online Program Coordinator, Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Assistant Professor (Lecturer), Parks, Recreation & Tourism
- American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute (AHLEI).
American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute (AHLEI) Customer Advisory Board.
10/01/2019 - present
- Utah's Office of Outdoor Recreation, Utah State Board of Education, Utah Hotel and Lodging Association.
Utah Outdoor Recreation Career Pathways Planning Committee. This committee is planning the career pathway for junior high schools and high schools to move into college and industry within tourism and hospitality management.
01/2018 - 12/2018
- Utah's Office of Outdoor Recreation in the Governor's Office of Economic Development.
As an Utah Outdoor Recreation Grant Committee Member, we reviewed grants proposals and allocated funding to numerous projects, programs, and agencies throughout the state of Utah to help grow the economy and facilitate outdoor recreation opportunities.
01/2017 - 12/31/2018
- College of Health Curriculum Committee.
09/01/2019 - present.
- University of Utah Internship Council.
03/01/2019 - present.
- Department of Health, Kinesiology, and Recreation Undergraduate Curriculum Committee. As a member of this curriculum, we determine the needs of students and faculty for coursework, continuing education, community partnerships, and inter-departmental collaborations that will benefit the education of our students as well teaching environment for instructors.
09/2018 - present.
- College of Health Curriculum Committee Member and Curriculum Representative for PRT. As the curriculum representative for the Parks, Recreation, and Tourism program, I review proposed courses (new and modified) and fee changes, advise curriculum changes, answer questions about curriculum and the submission processes through Kuali, and approve proposals. As a member of the curriculum committee, I review new and modified courses/programs, provide feedback, and vote on whether or not to approve proposals.
02/01/2017 - present.
- Guest Lectures. For the Business of Sport course (PRT 5490), I have had several guest speakers from agencies around the country join our class to discuss jobs in sports, trends, and for networking purposes. These partnerships have led to mutually beneficial internship opportunities.
01/2018 - present
- As internship coordinator, I work with numerous agencies to establish internship program partnerships and provide supervision for those partnerships. Examples of recent partnerships include: Bluebird Event Destination Management, Bike Utah, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, Hotel Park City, Alta Ski Area (The Alta Environmental Center), Brighton Ski Resort, Utah Athletics Department, Snyderville Basic Recreation Area, Utah Outliers, Radisson Downtown SLC Hotel, Marriott, Hotel Monaco, Powderbird Helicopter Skiing, Colorado Outward Bound School, Real Salt Lake, Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center, Copperview Community Center, and Visit Salt Lake. These are just a few of numerous agencies we collaborate with to offer student engagement experiences through cooperative education. I regularly meet with potential internship providers about possible partnerships.
04/2017 - present
- U of U Major Exploration Fairs.
05/01/2019 - 08/01/2019
- San Juan County Career Fair outreach to junior high and high school students on the Navajo Reservation.
03/01/2019 - 03/31/2019